Heritage Owners Club

orange tiny terror.

big bob

wingnut1 is working on my DSL401. what makes you part ways wit it?

i'd go for the orange 30

always dug orange gear, badfinger using it behind Come And Get It I think..

FL weather here in WI today my man..it's gettin to me..

wingnut1 is working on my DSL401. what makes you part ways wit it?

i'd go for the orange 30

always dug orange gear, badfinger using it behind Come And Get It I think..

FL weather here in WI today my man..it's gettin to me..

The dsl has been giving me trouble for a while, it's heavy, and I'm ready for something new..

One constant in amplification: light weight never equals good tone. It's sad but true.

Light amps can be fun but if you want the depth of the Sound City, you'll pay for it in iron.

I don't know about that Steiner. I've demo'd a Two Rock Gain Master, light enough for me to carry, and it has excellent tone. So does the Tone King Metro - both amps designed by the same guy.

I don't know about that Steiner. I've demo'd a Two Rock Gain Master, light enough for me to carry, and it has excellent tone. So does the Tone King Metro - both amps designed by the same guy.

Did I mention, I'm now a public school teacher. Given this, price is definitely a factor.

Ceriatone HRM 50 head. Big iron, big tones, and LOTS of them! Affordable for what it is. Resale value very high compared to new purchase price. One of the most versatile amps out there. Search youtube for clips "Ceriatone HRM" or Ceriatone OTS, marinblues has posted some good ones, also our own HOC member Jack Zucker has posted some cool jazz/bebop stuff, brilliant...and don't think that the smooth OD tones are all this amp can do, there is a VERY Marshall-y roar that can be easily had.

Didn't Mikenov have the thirty at PSPII? As I recall, for that high gain crunchy goodness, he had it in spades. Killer tone with his 150! Where's Mike been, by the way...?

I remember the Orange amp, but not which one it was. And I must agree that some rockin' tones came from the barn with that one fired up.

I noticed that Mike commented on a thread here the other day.. maybe we'll hear from him soon.

Fwiw, I demo-Ed a Tiny Terror and really liked it. Very good tone and seemed to be touch sensitive. Easy to carry too. I have a Brown Note 18 watt that's easy to carry. Lots of tones especially with the variac engaged.

Recently bought a Hayseed 30, great amp but I'm just learning about the different settings for the ef86 channel and jumping the two channels together. But very heavy. Then there's the cab.

Didn't Mikenov have the thirty at PSPII? As I recall, for that high gain crunchy goodness, he had it in spades. Killer tone with his 150! Where's Mike been, by the way...?

I think you're correct. But then, my memory isn't as good as it used to be back when I was a younger man!

At least look at these with an open mind...

Bogner designed DT50

You like the line 6 stuff? I tried it (small practice amp) and found it to be big on effects, but difficult to use. Mine, again the cheap $99 version, always seemed to have this chorus effect that I couldn't get rid of. It was just never really clean. A friend of mine seem to have the same prob w/ the same amp. I've heard good stuff abt the larger Line 6 stuff though. I've had a Vox VT50 for some time now tht I love.

Have a look at the Blackstar range. I can personally recommend the Artisan 15 and 30 and the Series One 45. Designed by former Marshall designers and built in the far East - very good for the money.

I've tried a Tiny Terror combo lots of times now, the only thing missing is reverb. The clean tones are ok at lower volumes but I don't think it's an amp anyone would buy for the cleans. The od tones are great, really good. Having said that it costs the equivalent of a thousand dollars here and I just couldn't get round the fact that at that price it's made in China. I do have an AC30 made in China by the way, but it's a different animal with twice the power, and a really great clean tone, reverb, etc etc. Seems like the Orange range is a bit overpriced, at least in Ireland.

Have a look at the Blackstar range. I can personally recommend the Artisan 15 and 30 and the Series One 45. Designed by former Marshall designers and built in the far East - very good for the money.

Not so good for the money in the US, remember. A bloody rip-off!

:lol:

I've played lots of Orange amps and the Dual Terror is fantastic, my housemate has a Dual Terror and is pretty well kills.. Relatively lightweight but great, great tone. A little too "fuzz" for me on the higher gain settings, but that's just a personal preference.

Very much worth trying out, and pretty affordable to. That said, the rocker 30 always interested me.

You like the line 6 stuff? I tried it (small practice amp) and found it to be big on effects, but difficult to use. Mine, again the cheap $99 version, always seemed to have this chorus effect that I couldn't get rid of. It was just never really clean. A friend of mine seem to have the same prob w/ the same amp. I've heard good stuff abt the larger Line 6 stuff though. I've had a Vox VT50 for some time now tht I love.

Normally I would pooh pooh any straight up modeler, but this particular amp is much closer to a full tube amp with all that implies. It has two 12ax7s on the front end and two EL34s in the output section and is closer to a traditional two channel amp.

It can be paired with one of the other modelers from Line 6 with a continuous range of mixing percentages of the digital/analog signal paths being made as the volume goes up or down. More volume, more EL34 and less volume, more modeled output.

I listened to a lot of the demos of its capabilities through headphones on YouTube/etc and couldn't deny what I was hearing. So that, coupled with the number of Spiders Valves I've heard live lately, made me reconsider any arrogance or prejudice I may have heard. I own no Line 6, but at one time I owned no Heritage products either.

• 3 weeks later...

I love the Tiny Terror amp. Usually when I go to Guitar Center, that's my amp of choice. Combo or the head into a matching cab. There is a higher wattage duel terror and rumor mill is another one called the Dark Terror. I heard about it from some guitar show on line. Supposed to be a much higher gain amp, but still switchable from 7 to 15 watts.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Orange_Announces_the_Dark_Terror_Amp.aspx

Plug into Orange's Dark Terror tube amp head and hang on. This amazing little amp pumps out up to 15 watts of incredible tones and excels at heavy, high-gain sounds. Plenty powerful for small gigs and rehearsals, the Dark Terror head also adapts well to studio use, as you can drop the wattage down to 7 watts for lower-volume saturation. Dial in an awesome gain range. Use the shape knob to tweak your tones to your liking. You even get a very cool tube-driven effects loop, so you can add your own effects and get even more killer tones out of this compact head. Crank up the volume knob and behold the sonic beast that is the Dark Terror!

Interesting...

orange-dark-terror-amp.jpg

One constant in amplification: light weight never equals good tone. It's sad but true.

Light amps can be fun but if you want the depth of the Sound City, you'll pay for it in iron.

Hmmm..I disagree..My Classic 30 sounds great and comes in around 40 lbs.. YMMV..

Archived