Heritage Owners Club

HC 150 Goldtop P90

Bombassa

Hey!

I am new to this forum, and have been (and still is ) a proud owner of a H140 Goldtop since 1976. This week i found another Goldtop on the web, and could not resist. I bought it. This one is a 2007 with P90's. I expect the guitar to arrive in a couple of days. However, I don't like the appearance of the P90's, so I have an idea of replacing them with minihumbucker. Of course I have got to check out the sound of the P90's first, (but I have allways wanted a Goldtop with minihumbuckers.) I would like any comments to this project.

Hey!

I am new to this forum, and have been (and still is ) a proud owner of a H140 Goldtop since 1976. This week i found another Goldtop on the web, and could not resist. I bought it. This one is a 2007 with P90's. I expect the guitar to arrive in a couple of days. However, I don't like the appearance of the P90's, so I have an idea of replacing them with minihumbucker. Of course I have got to check out the sound of the P90's first, (but I have allways wanted a Goldtop with minihumbuckers.) I would like any comments to this project.

Did you mean 86?

In my not-so-humble opinion, goldtops have to have P90s.  I have a pair of Dimarzio Virtual P90s, which are humbuckers in a P90 package.  They are considerably quieter than the P90s and sound alright, although not exactly like a P90.  To my ear, a P90 has to have that crackly, noisy edge to it.  Otherwise, why not just go with buckers?  But, as they say, "There's no accounting for taste."  LOL.

Welcome to the Club!  And remember...

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Did you mean 86?

Perhaps those naughty boys were moonlighting back in 76... ;D

But, to get back to the question...

I too own a 140 Gold Top with P90's but mine are... Erm... Full/bucker size. Are you sure your's has the "small" p90's?

Another welcome!

I recommend you wait to switch out the P90s--they are made by Jason Lollar, and the pups sound sweet!

I have an H150 with the P90s coming this month as well--can't wait to play it!

Welcome aboard, Bombassa!

Very nice Goldtop ya got there.  And thanks for the pics.

Is it a photo distortion, or is the headstock more elongated than later models?  I really like the black stinger on the rear of Heritage's older models.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1377.0;attach=1104;image

Doesn't look distorted to me. ( I have been looking at the headstock again and again) However, the picture was taken with a slr- lens 16-35mm at 33mm straight on. Equal to 52mm for 35mm film (135film).

cool...you are lucky to have 2 nice Heritages like that...i hear they are hard to get in Europe.

I know.I suspect there to be two Heritage GT (and maybe a third with double cutaway)here.

I bought the first one new, from the norwegian importeur of Heritage and have no idea about

how the second one (the 150) came here.

Goldtop 150 with p-90s COMPLETELY SUCK!!!!

NOT!!!! PROBABLY MY GREATEST SOUNDING GUITAR EVER. PLEASE DON'T TAKE OUT THE LOLLAR P-90S WITH OUT PLAYING IT FIRST.

The very thought of those sweety pickups getting yanked out.... (running to toilet to vomit)

_DSC2129 web.jpg

_DSC2129 web.jpg_thumb

Goldtop 150 with p-90s COMPLETELY SUCK!!!!

NOT!!!! PROBABLY MY GREATEST SOUNDING GUITAR EVER. PLEASE DON'T TAKE OUT THE LOLLAR P-90S WITH OUT PLAYING IT FIRST.

The very thought of those sweety pickups getting yanked out.... (running to toilet to vomit)

Be kind or this might be the revenge

;D ;D ;D ;D

lipstick.jpg

lipstick.jpg_thumb

Archived