Heritage Owners Club

New Fender Deluxe

smurph1

Played a sweet Fender Deluxe 1x12 today built in delay chorus reverb and 2 footswitchable channels, all tube goodness for $800..The distortion sounds allmost exactly like my Classic 30..I almost bit on it, but then I realized that all I need is a chorus pedal and I will already have all the effects I just listed on my pedal board..Plus my classic 30 is PAID FOR!!! If money was no object I might have bought it..But it is so I didn't..

Played a sweet Fender Deluxe 1x12 today built in delay chorus reverb and 2 footswitchable channels, all tube goodness for $800..The distortion sounds allmost exactly like my Classic 30..I almost bit on it, but then I realized that all I need is a chorus pedal and I will already have all the effects I just listed on my pedal board..Plus my classic 30 is PAID FOR!!! If money was no object I might have bought it..But it is so I didn't..

The KPB810 RD amp is a fanstic amp and its true to the original design. No PCB board, no cheap components. Its the real deal. Plus I believe you'll save a lot of money over that Fender amp. I picked my own tolex and grill cloth as well as the speaker. Might want to get a quote from him.

Guest HRB853370

The KPB810 RD amp is a fanstic amp and its true to the original design. No PCB board, no cheap components. Its the real deal. Plus I believe you'll save a lot of money over that Fender amp. I picked my own tolex and grill cloth as well as the speaker. Might want to get a quote from him.

I heard he has orders a year out now..........

Is this the VM series?

Yep..It sounds GREAT!! The effects are digital, but they have refined them so much anymore it's really difficult to tell..

I'm sure it sounded good, but tube amps with those digital add-ons will become obsolete much sooner than mine and your Classic 30, or even a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe; ask this former Cyber-Twin owner how he knows! haha. I'm not knocking them, I have a Fender Super Champ XD that is awesome, but if I'm dropping $800, it's going to be all tube, no digital effects. My .02. Oh, and DB, don't necessarily dismiss the Deluxe Reverb Reissue; I have one of those, too, and it's more than durable enough for what I'll put it through. Fantastic amps, as I'm sure the one Brian did is, as well.

That's why I opted to sell my Peavey VK112. While it was a great tonal amp, I worried about long term life of the amp. I knew by having a real hand wired amp, I had an amp that would be serviceable 30 years from now, unlike the PCB made tube and digital amps found on the market today...

I'm sure it sounded good, but tube amps with those digital add-ons will become obsolete much sooner than mine and your Classic 30, or even a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe; ask this former Cyber-Twin owner how he knows! haha. I'm not knocking them, I have a Fender Super Champ XD that is awesome, but if I'm dropping $800, it's going to be all tube, no digital effects. My .02. Oh, and DB, don't necessarily dismiss the Deluxe Reverb Reissue; I have one of those, too, and it's more than durable enough for what I'll put it through. Fantastic amps, as I'm sure the one Brian did is, as well.

Mine was really a matter of economics..I just thought, "How cool..Great tube overdrive and no carrying around my floorboard, just basically plug and play!! I'm sure the RI's are great amps, but I REALLY need channel switching because I play rhythm and lead often on the same song..As Always My 2 cents and YMMV!! But when it came right down to it, it's just cheaper to buy a good chorus for my floorboard, and use my great sounding C-30!!

Mine was really a matter of economics..I just thought, "How cool..Great tube overdrive and no carrying around my floorboard, just basically plug and play!! I'm sure the RI's are great amps, but I REALLY need channel switching because I play rhythm and lead often on the same song..As Always My 2 cents and YMMV!! But when it came right down to it, it's just cheaper to buy a good chorus for my floorboard, and use my great sounding C-30!!

The RI's aren't really clean/OD switches. Its more of a straight up tone and a reverb/tremolo tone channel.

The RI's aren't really clean/OD switches. Its more of a straight up tone and a reverb/tremolo tone channel.

That's why they wouldn't work in my situation..i really need a channel switching amp with two distinct tones.. one clean, and one with distortion..that's why the classic 30 works so well for me..It does exactly that.. :icon_thumright:

Archived