Heritage Owners Club

VIP 1 & VIP 1+1 =2 ;D

Core9

I was referred to this site by a member of another forum I belong to. So being new here, I though I would post up my two guitars.

The VIP 1 on the left was commissioned by Tim Lawson of Tim's Guitar Workshop. He was one of the early Heritage dealers. The body was made from a solid piece of quilted maple and sprayed in their classic Tobacco sunburst. This may be the only quilt maple VIP 1 in existence. Has a solid bridge. A Seymour Duncan "Scremin' Demon" pick up is installed. I am the second owner of it and am glad to have it.

The VIP 1+1 =2 (as I call it  :wink: ) on the right started out as a VIP 1 which I bought new from Tim's Guitar Workshop and later had Tim install a second humbucker at the neck. It is the standard mahogany body/neck in Cherry sunburst. A Seymour Duncan zebra "Invader" resides at the bridge and a Seymour Duncan zebra "Jazz" model is in the neck position. Awesome sounding guitar.

Enjoy.  8)

Guitar pics 007.jpg

Guitar pics 007.jpg_thumb

Welcome Core!

those are 2 very unique Heritages you have there!  very cool guitars!

stick areound and have a cup of coffe, or a Dew or something...lots of great people here and all that is HERITAGE!!!

EDIT:  why does the quilt top have a locking nut?  just wondering ;D

Welcome Core!

those are 2 very unique Heritages you have there!  very cool guitars!

stick areound and have a cup of coffe, or a Dew or something...lots of great people here and all that is HERITAGE!!!

EDIT:  why does the quilt top have a locking nut?  just wondering ;D

It came that way from Heritage. It has fine tuners on the bridge tail piece. It never (well almost never) goes out of tune with this set-up.

Hey Core9 glad to see you made it over !

Those Heritages you have are certainly rare birds.

It would be interesting to know how they compare in sound and playability to some of the other guitars in your collection.

Welcome to the HOC and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hey Core9 glad to see you made it over !

Those Heritages you have are certainly rare birds.

It would be interesting to know how they compare in sound and playability to some of the other guitars in your collection.

Welcome to the HOC and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thanks. Playability is great on both of them. They feel very solid. To me, Fender Stratocasters just feel light weight and cheap. Not that they are cheap instruments in quality or price. But these guitars feel very solid in your hands. Of all the guitars I own, and I have many, it's hard to say they match any of them completely. They seem to bring their own thing to the group. If you can imagine a strat scaled guitar playing with the warmth of a Les Paul, then you get what I'm talking about.

Welcome to the Club, Core9!  Great looking, very interesting models.  Solid quilt would be cool to have.  I like the boomered Hamer's in the background, as well. 

Thanks. The Hamers are a few of my top guitars. The two translucent finish guitars are solid flame maple bodies. The Amber one is setup @ 2/32 of an inch off the frets, gold one is 3/32 of an inch, no buzzing anywhere on those necks, they almost play themselves, almost. They are truly awesome rock guitars.

Guitar pics 013.jpg

Guitar pics 013.jpg_thumb

Guitar pics 021.jpg

Guitar pics 021.jpg_thumb

Welcome, Core!  That's some pretty obscure stuff, and pics right off of the bat.  The guys on the forum will love you on both counts!  Well done.

Thanks.  :this_thread_is_useless_withou

I recently got hold of a 'genuine' VIP2, although one can hardly speak of anything genuine with these strat type Heritages from the Eighties. They all seem different!

Mine has a maple body (how does one tell if it is 'quilted'?) and indeed two humbuckers. I replaced the original Schallers with warmer sounding Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro humbuckers.

Like you I think these guitars are very good players, very underrated indeed.

Could you take some sharper pictures and put them on our Photobucket pages? If you wanna look you can see my VIP2 (among many other models) there too: http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/

Just log in with username: heritageguitarpics and password: heritage150

It will be great to have the obscure models well documented there, since there is very little information about them.

I recently got hold of a 'genuine' VIP2, although one can hardly speak of anything genuine with these strat type Heritages from the Eighties. They all seem different!

Mine has a maple body (how does one tell if it is 'quilted'?) and indeed two humbuckers. I replaced the original Schallers with warmer sounding Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro humbuckers.

Like you I think these guitars are very good players, very underrated indeed.

Could you take some sharper pictures and put them on our Photobucket pages? If you wanna look you can see my VIP2 (among many other models) there too: http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll185/Heritageguitarpics/

Just log in with username: heritageguitarpics and password: heritage150

It will be great to have the obscure models well documented there, since there is very little information about them.

I'll try and get some better pics to post up on the site.

To answer your question about quilted maple, look at the pattern of the wood grain. Quilted grain patterns will look like bubbling lava.

width=600 height=224http://www.carvinguitars.com/isa/images/full/ct6c-tigereyequilt-97747.jpg[/img]

Archived