Heritage Owners Club

Peavey Amps

Peavey is the equivalent of Fender guitars when it comes to their amps and PA systems. Reasonable, durable, and they perform well.

Yeppy..I've used Line 6 Fenders and Peaveys..I keep coming back to Peavey..My Classic 30 has great clean and overdrive tones (Footswitchable) and an awesome real spring reverb..Plus it weighs under 50 lbs..Mic it up, and I'm ready to rock!!

We all know where I stand on amps, but the Peavey Valveking 112 was a great amp. It took me three try's to finally settle on a good Valveking. I sold it for a KBP amp build. But its an amp I take again as long as it has a really long warranty.

Guest HRB853370

We all know where I stand on amps, but the Peavey Valveking 112 was a great amp. It took me three try's to finally settle on a good Valveking. I sold it for a KBP amp build. But its an amp I take again as long as it has a really long warranty.

I never stand on my amps DB, I don't want to look like an 80's rockstar! Where do you stand, dead center?

That's a cool story.

There is a local electronic parts sales rep that I deal with on a fairly regular basis. He also calls on Peavey in Mississippi. He tells me the office urinals are shaped like the Rolling Stones logo. I have no reason to not believe him, but I told him to get a picture next time he's there. :pottytrain3:

I never stand on my amps DB, I don't want to look like an 80's rockstar! Where do you stand, dead center?

To spare the cab from unnessecary wear, I usually position my feet on top of the chasis straps on top. Works really well too when I'm doing my EVH flying solo bit in mid air....

Eddie_Van_Halen_jump.jpg

Detroit I have a Valveking too the same one you had. I bought it as a practice amp but ended up giging with it and have been gigging with it for a couple years. The only problem I've ever had was the 90 for the footswitch, I changed it to quality straight plug and no problems since. I recently ordered an extension cab to use with it and I'm still gigging with it.

The first time I have a problem with it I'm going to use it as an excuse to upgrade, if I don't give in and buy an amp before that!

I went through two VK 112's. Both had an issue where as they were blowing the 1st preamp tube after about an hour. Its virtually unrepairable, I went to Peavey's user forum and from what I could find, there was nothing that could fix it. KBP even tried to fix it and no dice. The last one I bought, I was smart enough to purchase a warranty with it. Go figure, when Brian pitched me the amp ideas, I had to jump on it. Even though I had problems with amps, the tone kept bringing me back. It sounded fantastic at low volume, even better at high volume. It was my gigging and practice amp. Its small enough to carry, loud enough to keep up.

Archived