Heritage Owners Club

not for the squeamish

big bob

If you're still at the point in the picture, I'd consider pulling those guts out the bridge pickup hole instead of the f hole.. Nice finish on that.

Man, doing that to a doubleneck was some project. But it's pretty straight-forward. Looks like you're gonna make it. 

and once again Bob learns alesson the hard way ??? ??? ???

yes the p-rails are here and like a bone head I assumed I could install them going the mini toggle route.

My plan, wire it all up and put the mini toggle in the pick guard where the volume nob would be on a model with a floating pu.

So I get the old pups out take off the pickgaurd and I'm ready to go. The wiring diagram for installation with a toggle is far simpler than with new push pull pots. Now let me tell you soldering 15 leads onto a mini toggle is a long--------------slow-----------tedious affair, and if I must say so myself I did a stand up job. So now I have the toggle wired time to install the pups no biggie right---------wrong. because of the high bridge on the 575 archtop and all the bridge pup would not rise high enough so I had to take it out and swap out the springs. OK now got it back in and wired and ready for a test.......... I warm up the marshall set it on overdrive and plug that bitch in Boooooooooooommmmmmm.

bbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnggggggg wow do those pups sound good. I only had it set up for three out of the four tone but they all sounded much better than the schallers much richer.

Alright so I'm going to say this all took around 3 1/2  hours and the switch still is not mounted . Just hanging out the f hole.

so all thats left is to drill the hole and mount the switch.  THE SWITCH DOES NOT FIT UNDER THE PICKGAUARD with the wires soldered to the bottom there not enough room for the switch except at the very end of the pickgaurd where you can see all the wires and shit.

FUCH -------- all I can think now is thank god I didn't drill that hole.

well long story short, toggle wont fit where I wanted it, and I am not willing to drill into the guitar propper so it will go into the shop on Tuesday for four shiny new push pull pots.

Once again I hope you all learn from my wasted afternoon

Best wishes Bob

I can see it now

Big Bob's guitar repair and martini barn.

lets pimp that git and tie one on.

Right on Man!!!

i have a lot of respect for you guys that can do your own mods....it one took me 3 hours to fix a broken ground wire :rolleyes:

Right on Man!!!

i have a lot of respect for you guys that can do your own mods....it one took me 3 hours to fix a broken ground wire :rolleyes:

yes but thats the cruel irony, all that work and it's still going into the shop. (the 575 is not where I want to have a first try at push pulls.)

yes but thats the cruel irony, all that work and it's still going into the shop. (the 575 is not where I want to have a first try at push pulls.)

As you know, I was never a big fan of the switch in the pick guard, pity it didn't work out after all that hard work. I for one can entirely sympathise.  :-*

However Why not fit the push pulls yourself? I know it's a bit of a pain but as long as you remember to attach a length of string to anything you drop into the cavity so that you can use the string to pull it back into position when done, shouldn't be too difficult.

If you need any advice, feel free to ask.

Good luck...

Archived