Heritage Owners Club

ZT Club amp - anyone use?

barrymclark

Seems like a lot of money for a Chinese amp of that size, but you know what they say about opinions :)

I hear you. My Cube new was nearly $400 (I got it used) and I wouldn't get rid of it for the world. I haven't even found a Fender that sounds this good at the Fendery tones. Not saying it does a perfect Fender. Just the tone is rediculously good.

Same with this amp.

I am a fan of buying American where possible and practical and I have several threads that allude to this. I've played some good American amps... just never one that had a tone that moved me like the Cube does. In the style of music I play, believe me, I have people barking non stop about how I need to go Tube. There are some great sounding tube amps out there. No doubt. They are usually WAY outside of my ability to afford.

$600 I agree is on the top end for what it is. But... then... this amp is on the top end of what it is. Besides... I'z gotz friendz. That price will come down some. :D

had the Lunchbox model for a while. loud enough and more. got it as a backup. could handle bass, too, for smaller-venue gigs. sold it to a friend & got a Retro-Channel RR1 for same purposes. friend got the ext. cab for a ZT stack. cracks me up. still can't get anything like the tube sound i like, but it's not bad...

Archived