Heritage Owners Club

Need help assessing used amp value: Gibson GA-40RVT

barrymclark

That damn Gibson amp is still calling me and I am very, very torn on picking it up.

It's price is $550.

Functionally, it seems to work perfectly.

Cosmetically, well.....

It was loved. A LOT. Tolex is torn in place. Not attrocious, but lots of little cuts where the tolex is lifting. The handle on the left side is coming apart. The Grill had something splash on it that hardened a 5 sq. inch area of the cloth. The heat vent above the tubes appears to be somewhat corroded... unless it is supposed to look rough like that.

What do you think? What do these go for in mint shape?

Guest HRB853370

They have been going for around $600 in mint shape. The last one that sold on Ebay was around $600, I paid $550 plus shipping for mine its mint. I would not pay more than $450 given its condition. Possibly even $400. They sold for $899 new.

They have been going for around $600 in mint shape. The last one that sold on Ebay was around $600, I paid $550 plus shipping for mine its mint. I would not pay more than $450 given its condition. Possibly even $400.

That's kinda what I figured.

I sincerely doubt GC will come down that far.

For a little more, you could by an amp from KPB810. I sold the gibson referenced for 550 in mint condition. It was a whole lot better than my Hot Rod Deluxe (which I also sold). (really liked it), but when I played his Reverb Deluxe at PSP IV, that was the one I wanted. I compared it to a DR Z. I ended up having Brian put two 10"" in the same cabinet (Rajun Cajun Eminence). Deluxe Reverb size, Couldn't be happier.

The Gibson is awkwardly big (I think they put 2 12's in the same cabinet.

For a little more, you could by an amp from KPB810. I sold the gibson referenced for 550 in mint condition. It was a whole lot better than my Hot Rod Deluxe (which I also sold). (really liked it), but when I played his Reverb Deluxe at PSP IV, that was the one I wanted. I compared it to a DR Z. I ended up having Brian put two 10"" in the same cabinet (Rajun Cajun Eminence). Deluxe Reverb size, Couldn't be happier.

The Gibson is awkwardly big (I think they put 2 12's in the same cabinet.

My amp with Brian (KBP810) is in the works. The KBP Starlite (BMC-112C) has had some design issues lately, but I think we got it rolling again. :)

Mine will have an Eminence Patriot Red White & Blues speaker at 40w A/B. SCREAMING LOUD!

Talk to KBP810 about a new cab, I'm sure he knows how to take care of that problem!

Nah. It was just a thought and it was potentially a good deal. But... what it would take to replace the cab and all.... no thanks. Besides, if I am going to put THAT kind of cash into an amp, I am just putting it towards the KBP Starlite. Slow going with the design,... but I think we have finally shaked out the major bugs. The major bugs were between aesthetic design and amp design. haha.

"I want it to look like this"

"Well... I need this much room"

Wash Rinse Repeat.

Archived