Heritage Owners Club

Marshall Class 5 - Played one this weekend

barrymclark

I will say this. It sounded VERY good. My only complaint.... SO... SO bass heavy. I just couldn't really get that under control with the hollowbody.

If only that little thing got loud enough to hang with a rock band (maybe a change of a higher sensitivity speaker will do it) it'd be an awesome little thing.

Maybe make a new baffle for a 12". The current 10" is 98db. Maybe throw in a 101db 12". ;)

Then it should get barking loud. haha.

I've played those myself, you almost have to turn the bass all the way down to achieve a decent tone. With no reverb, master volume, or larger speaker option, its still a nice amp. For the price it's decent, but I'd rather have the Marshall Haze for a little bit more.

I've played those myself, you almost have to turn the bass all the way down to achieve a decent tone. With no reverb, master volume, or larger speaker option, its still a nice amp. For the price it's decent, but I'd rather have the Marshall Haze for a little bit more.

Agreed. Thing is though... can you run an extension cab on that combo or is it either/or?

Wish it came without the vib stuff... but for the price. Yeah, pretty awesome.

I think the combos go for about $700. The heads look like they go for about $600. The cabs are about $250 if you wanna match to the head or combo. Really, not bad at all.

The major difference I see between the combo and head is the combo is 40w where as the head is 15w.

Agreed. Thing is though... can you run an extension cab on that combo or is it either/or?

Wish it came without the vib stuff... but for the price. Yeah, pretty awesome.

I believe its one or the other. Not many amps allow internal and external speakers at the same time. I believe its an impedance issue. However, the class V does come in a head form, but I've never seen it. I'd rather have an Orange Tiny Terror for that price.

I believe its one or the other. Not many amps allow internal and external speakers at the same time. I believe its an impedance issue. However, the class V does come in a head form, but I've never seen it. I'd rather have an Orange Tiny Terror for that price.

Yeah.

The head you can run two cabs on. Just not the Combo. Yeah, Orange TT is very cool.

I have no doubt that the Marshall Class 5 is interesting little amp, but I think Laney CUB10 is even more interesting.

Laney CUB10 has a better clean, slightly more functions, master volume, gain and with the pedal Mad Professor MRD sounds like a real thick, "Marshall".

If you add to it the EHX Holly Grail Reverb then becomes a little killer.

I have no doubt that the Marshall Class 5 is interesting little amp, but I think Laney CUB10 is even more interesting.

Laney CUB10 has a better clean, slightly more functions, master volume, gain and with the pedal Mad Professor MRD sounds like a real thick, "Marshall".

The Class 5 is already a really thick Marshall. haha.

What about price? What's the Laney compared to the Marshall?

Now the Haze is another sweet amp. I've heard of some reliability issues since its another amp that is made in Asia. Its a PCB board amp with digital effects. While I rather liked it and its priced very competitively, reliability is an absolutely necessity for me.

Now the Haze is another sweet amp. I've heard of some reliability issues since its another amp that is made in Asia. Its a PCB board amp with digital effects. While I rather liked it and its priced very competitively, reliability is an absolutely necessity for me.

As well it should be. Buy American. Buy KBP. haha.

The Class 5 is already a really thick Marshall. haha.

Of course it is. :icon_smile:

I thought that someone wants a little amp to play in the bedroom, and for it Marshall Class 5 definetly is not good amp.

As I said, Laney CUB10 has a better clean, has a gain and master volume, with the pedal Mad Professor MRD sounds like a thick Marshall, with a reverb pedal EHX Holly Grail as a Fender.

It can not Glass 5.

Of course it is. :icon_smile:

I thought that someone wants a little amp to play in the bedroom, and for it Marshall Class 5 definetly is not good amp.

As I said, Laney CUB10 has a better clean, has a gain and master volume, with the pedal Mad Professor MRD sounds like a thick Marshall, with a reverb pedal EHX Holly Grail as a Fender.

It can not Glass 5.

That L5T looks pretty nice. I haven't seen a Laney in stores in a very long time.

I have a Class 5 & love it. Like most Marshall's the louder the better! I do wish it had a better speaker in it but for the 299.00 I paid I can't complain. I have not tried it through an extension cab yet.

I have, when are you? ;) The on site tech support is 2nd to None!

KBP810ReverbDeluxe.jpg

Well, Brian says he is wanting to get on this ASAP. Just trying to figure the money thing out since until this thing is built there are so many question marks. Good news is, our household finally got some good news so.... assuming it is ready to be so, I should have the Starlite paid for in February-March.

This amp seems to be laying somewhere between a Gibson BR series and a Fender Bassman at the amp.

Final design sketches were sent to Brian and he accepted them. There will be some playing with the dimensions as necessary to get things to fit but it is pretty close.

Archived