Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H140 on You Tube

wildwing

Here is another you tube video I put up especially for this group of my H140. I used the same Amp and same settings as the previous H150 video, all the same settings on the amp and the same style of playing. So only the guitar would have any influence on the sound. Give them both a listen and let me know which guitar sounds the best. These videos are all about the guitars and what the can do, not about the playing. Oh by the way, again it is my own song and not a cover, so again copy write issues can be ignored!! These videos are to high light the awesome control and sustain you can get from a Heritage guitar. These guitars are quickly becoming my favourites amongst my collection, now I understand what you guys have been bangin' on about for years!! Lol!! Takes me a while to catch on, HEY leave me alone I'm tired!! Lol!!

Cheers Chaps and stay well

Let me know what you think.

Bye for now!

Thanks kbp810, Strange, I really thought there would be more interest on how the guitars sound and look, rather than how they just look. A bit disappointed at the response to be honest, I though more people on here would be interested in the guitars being actually played. Oh well, I may do a couple more and see how it goes. Thanks for you kind words, they are most appreciated and thanks for having a watch of both videos and giving them both the comparison test and just so you know, I agree with what you said. Stay well Bud.

Sounds great man! Excellent playing as well!

Both guitars sound good, but you can tell a slightly different flavor between the two - could also be pickups, but the 150 sounded a little hotter and a little more aggressive.

Don't forget that it's Thanksgiving in the US, wildwing, and that has slowed the traffic on the site noticeably. You'll get more attention at the weekend I think.

Very nice playing - I preferred the 150 piece and like the look of a 150 more than a 140. Looks like you've got a 'man-cave' going on there :)

Hi H, Oh Man I'm sorry about that, I completely forgot about thanksgiving over there, we don't celebrate for a few more weeks. I'm not great with social history!! Lol!! I sincerely hope that everyone over there has a truly wonderful Thanksgiving. You're right about the man cave "Somewhere in deepest, darkest England, in the coldest darkest cellar" Lol!! And I agree with you the Black H140 isn't as impressive to look at and the H150 does play slightly better and thanks again for taking the time. Once again "HAPPY THANKS GIVING"

Keep well

Don't forget that it's Thanksgiving in the US, wildwing, and that has slowed the traffic on the site noticeably. You'll get more attention at the weekend I think.

Very nice playing - I preferred the 150 piece and like the look of a 150 more than a 140. Looks like you've got a 'man-cave' going on there :)

Nice playing Wildwing.

I pulled both up on Youtube to do a little bit of swapping back and forth. Tone between them seems pretty close, but the 140 seems to have more sustain on those notes where you let it ring out. Might be a bit of technique difference or settings.

FWIW, I leaned more towards the 140 song, it was a little more dark in attitude. I seem to gravitate to the minor chords when I'm just doodling around.

Which Marshall combo are you playing? It sounds a little like my DSL401 in OD2 mode.

Thanks Talisman Rich, you know what, that's what I was thinking when I finally got around to putting them back to back. The 140 seems to have a little more sustain, that seems weird because of the solid block of mahogany on the 150 is MUCH heavier. I tried to play in exactly the same style on both songs. The 140 song is called "In the hands of...." and the 150 song is called "Let it rain" Both are heavily based around the minor scales. I think I may try and do a backing track with the 150 and put something over it using the 140 and vies versa and see how they both fare together. I am just going straight into my Marshall 40watt combo with the gain about half way and a tiny bit of reverb. The whole thing was done at low volume "hey I have neighbours ya know" Lol!! But sometimes it sounds as if Bob Marley is playing live in the neighbours living room, so they should complain!! Thanks for your feedback bud!!

Keep well

Nice playing Wildwing.

I pulled both up on Youtube to do a little bit of swapping back and forth. Tone between them seems pretty close, but the 140 seems to have more sustain on those notes where you let it ring out. Might be a bit of technique difference or settings.

FWIW, I leaned more towards the 140 song, it was a little more dark in attitude. I seem to gravitate to the minor chords when I'm just doodling around.

Which Marshall combo are you playing? It sounds a little like my DSL401 in OD2 mode.

Hey Tully, thanks for getting back with the feedback. I'm glad you asked that question, because up to this point I had no idea!! Lol!! I'm the kind of person who just hears or sees something I like and if I can afford it, I buy it and that's what happened with the amp. I bought a guitar off someone and tried it through this amp and made him an offer and he sold it to me along with the guitar (Strat). It is a Marshall 40V Valvestate 8040. Don't even know how old it is but I know it needs it's pots cleaning. It gets a bit buzzy when I first switch it on. So thanks for asking, one day I will be able to identify all my equipment Lol!!

Keep well and thanks again! :blush:

Sounds good. That 140 really does ring out. Is that a Haze or DSL401?

Archived