Heritage Owners Club

Gonna go try the Blackstar HT5 head today.

barrymclark

Just for fun.

Anyone interested in this amp that wants me to look at something or try regarding it?

Sort of a cool story behind this company. Sort of like the Heritage story in a way.

Some former Marshall employees got together and started up making their own amps.

I've hear people playing them in the stores and they have a good tone but it is always high gain stuff people are playing.

Peavey Valveking 112 is a little bit more than that, so is the Bugera at that price point....

Yep... and the reliability issues with those are, from what I hear, not unlike the Class 5.

Still though.... if it sounds good.... it sounds good. That's all I am there to check out.

I will let others determine where or not the risk is worth it or not.

:D

I gotta say though... the thought of having Brian one day do a beefed up (power wise) version of the Class 5 is VERY intriguing.

Gotta leave some time for the poor guy to play his guitars though.... That's why I'm not pushing for anything new at the moment....I have to remember he has a job and a family, amps building is just a hobby...

Haha. You talk like I have the money to take up his time with amp building. :D

Guest HRB853370

The HT5 has no balls. I sold mine within 3 weeks of owning it. Hell, I had a transistor radio from the 60's that played louder than that amp.

I found a mini-stack Blackstar HT5 head, with two 1x12 cabinets for $339... Pretty cool. Don't need or want it, but its still pretty cool.

I played a combo and mini-half-stack with the HT5.

I thought it sounded pretty good. I liked it a little better than the Marshall Class 5.

Archived