Heritage Owners Club

Amp recommendation

koula901

Night Train and Egnater's are great sounding rock amps as is the Orange DualTerror. The Night Train allows you to switch from 7.5 and 15 and also has a couple op modes which give the amp some nice versatility. The Orange has similar versatility. Now that you bring it up, I think I want to check out the Night Train again. One more Amp that may be worth considering is Hughes and Kettner. I've been very happy with my Hughes and Kettner 20th (something like the Statesman Dual EL84) which could also be had in your price range.

Someone on this forum bought a Hughes and Kettner - had thought of it, but there were one to demo. Anyway, I'm happy with the Blue Jr I bought.

Does anyone know if there are any significant differences between the the Fender Blues Jr III (it's listed as being in the Hot Rod Series) and the regular Fender Blues Jr? It's confusing to see it listed in the Hot Rod Series -- I wonder what that means, maybe nothing much, but if somebody knows, please pipe up.

From my understanding, better tube security, better speaker, better cabinet construction, and a black control plate that is supposed to be easier to read on stage. Possible there are a few other tone mods on the amp as well...

Guest HRB853370

From my understanding, better tube security, better speaker, better cabinet construction, and a black control plate that is supposed to be easier to read on stage. Possible there are a few other tone mods on the amp as well...

Fender's multitude of products are enough to confuse any ordinary human!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with a Blues Jr for home use, recording, or using at small gigs. Mine had a couple of very simple and low cost mods; a bias control and the twinstack mod. After purchasing the KBP810 Reverb Deluxe from Detroit Blues, I got to A-B the amps. I was amazed how similar the tone was to the Deluxe Reverb. Just an all 'round great vibe!

When you get a chance though, have that twinstack mod done. Any compentent amp tech can do it in a minute with a half inch of wire and a soldering iron.

I'll say!!

Not to mention the price jump. The blues jr's were $399 new a couple years ago. The NOS Tweed model was a little bit more. But since the III model came out, the prices jump up to $499 because of the new speaker, cabinet, and tone mod's....

Archived