Heritage Owners Club

Tech 21 Double Drive

glaister

Yeah,I`ve always wanted to try a DD after reading a review yeays ago!

It certainly impressed me up to now,it`s got loads of sounds in it,and very tweakable!

It`s quiet as well! It gives a different range of options to my FD2,which has been my no 1

for years !!!

I had one for a while and liked it a lot. I was using it with a Fender Pro Tube series Pro Reverb and it worked really well with that amp. Also worked well with my Fender Concert.

When I sold the amp I gave the pedal away with it. I ended up playing with the guy I sold the amp to and with his tele that stomp and that amp he had a great sound and made me regret the sale.

Ive been contemplating getting another double drive or getting the double drive X3 for a while and this thread seemed to bump me into motion. Im going to get the DDX3.

General consensus seems to be that the x3 doesn`t sound as good as the original but I have no knowledge of it personally!

I`m running the DD in line with a Fulldrive 2 and it really gives a whole different sound,`fatter` would be my description,athough

there are many sounds in both of these pedals.

The DD is a keeper! The first o/d that`s really impressed me since I got the FD2 a few years ago!(Others have come and gone!).

Based on my experience with taking notice of general consensus the ddx3 should be an absoute winner.

Sold a Timmy today and have Catalinbread DLS, A Zendrive an OCD and some other pedals that general consensus suggested should be awesome for sale. If theyre the good **** Im going to start using the bad **** for a while so I can learn to appreciate them. :)

Archived