Heritage Owners Club

Zoom Q3 video - anyone use one?

fxdx99

I have found that on mine, if you use auto gain on the mike, mine always seems to go to the low gain and it really compresses the sound, so I always leave the mike gain on high. The scene setting is tricky also but I usually leave mine on auto - you can get some funny coloration in a darker setting. I have my video setting at HD 720/60 mainly because it is easier to upload to Youtube. You can play with the other settings but I pretty much stick with how it came originally.

Thanks, Don - I'll try it on hi gain first then. Not a really loud band as no drums, although where we're playing is a reverb chamber.

Wow, Tully - I'm a fan of his, too. Good stuff. Both of them. What tuning does he use on the acoustic?

Randy, you will need to test it out at volume before you get started. I have the cheap H2 Zoom audio recorder and it the files will be unusable if you have it set high or low. As with a camera you should set the parameters yourself. The Zoom actually works very well.... unfortunately, for us.

Archived