Heritage Owners Club

Peavey Classic 50 unearthed

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

I haven't played my 90's Peavey Classic 50 in a while, and whoa, was I pleased with the tone last night. With a 150 plugged into it, it stays clean and chimey and loud in the clean channel, very little amp breakup (volume on 5) and the dirty channel really gets some great classic rock tones. It immediately got me playing vintage Black Sabbath (war pigs, paranoid). Love that amp, now I see why I kept it and got rid of the C 30 (nothing wrong with the 30, its just that this one blows it away). The dual 12's make a huge difference in bottom end. If you can find a good used one, buy it!

When I was doing my search for a Peavey Classic, I found a Deltablues and a Classic 50 for the same price... Take a look on Guitar Center's used gear site, should be able to find one for less than $500, possibly less than $400. Not bad for a USA made all tube 2x12 amp.

Guest HRB853370

When I was doing my search for a Peavey Classic, I found a Deltablues and a Classic 50 for the same price... Take a look on Guitar Center's used gear site, should be able to find one for less than $500, possibly less than $400. Not bad for a USA made all tube 2x12 amp.

The C 50 and the Delta sound totally different. The Delta will break up early. Has Tremolo. The C50 has no Tremolo, has a fan and standby, and stays clean much longer. I paid $550 brand new for mine in 1998! Now they are what, $800 new?

The C 50 and the Delta sound totally different. The Delta will break up early. Has Tremolo. The C50 has no Tremolo, has a fan and standby, and stays clean much longer. I paid $550 brand new for mine in 1998! Now they are what, $800 new?

I'm aware of the differences. The Classic 30 and DeltaBlues are identical circuits with the optical tremolo circuit added. The C50 is more of a beast of amp that has a different circuit, but still retains the same quantity and type of tubes with EL84's as the DB. The C50 can be either a 2x12 or a 4x10. DB comes in 1x15 or 2x10. Mine stays rather clean at high volumes, but that may be due to the 15" speaker instead of a pair of 10's.... But since I like my blues down and dirty, I seldom play it clean.

I haven't played my 90's Peavey Classic 50 in a while, and whoa, was I pleased with the tone last night. With a 150 plugged into it, it stays clean and chimey and loud in the clean channel, very little amp breakup (volume on 5) and the dirty channel really gets some great classic rock tones. It immediately got me playing vintage Black Sabbath (war pigs, paranoid). Love that amp, now I see why I kept it and got rid of the C 30 (nothing wrong with the 30, its just that this one blows it away). The dual 12's make a huge difference in bottom end. If you can find a good used one, buy it!

I had one years back..Great Amps!!

My Classic 50 2x12 was built like a brick house and sounded GREAT. Lots of clean headroom, a very useful dirty channel and a great spring reverb. If it hadn't weighed the same as a small automobile I would likely still have it. Wonderful amp tho.

Guest HRB853370

My Classic 50 2x12 was built like a brick house and sounded GREAT. Lots of clean headroom, a very useful dirty channel and a great spring reverb. If it hadn't weighed the same as a small automobile I would likely still have it. Wonderful amp tho.

I love moving heavy amps. Makes me feel macho.

Archived