Heritage Owners Club

Fuchs Extreme Cream?

Bulldog

This question might have been lost in another thread. But, has anyone had experience or have thoughts on the Fuchs Extreme Cream? I'm considering making a purchase but am looking for feedback. I don't typically use a lot of distortion or play in blues settings. However, I would like a nice pedal that can kick things up a bit when I'm in that mood. I would typically use my H-535 and Swart AST or the Twin Reverb.

I don't know much about the various models within the Fuchs name. Everything I've read says it's a brand worth going to try.

I always have trouble with the name. Is the "u" pronounced with the Polynesian "oo" like in "who" or the "uh" sound like in "truck?"

I don't know much about the various models within the Fuchs name. Everything I've read says it's a brand worth going to try.

I always have trouble with the name. Is the "u" pronounced with the Polynesian "oo" like in "who" or the "uh" sound like in "truck?"

I have this trouble too! I think, and I stress think, that it's pronounced like "Fooks", at least I've also heard it that way a bunch

I have this pedal. It is very much in the tube screamer/fulldrive tradition; it is basically two independent overdrives in one box, one of which is tweaked to be a little bit more nasty sounding than the other, although the controls on each allow you to basically overlap the sounds. I've set one side, for example, as a nearly transparent boost, and then used the second channel for just a touch of drive, and I've also set one side as a "screamer" tone and the other as a heavier distortion tone.

It is an either/or setup. There is not a way to run both channels at the same time. I've used a fulldrive for years and years, so I'm very used to hitting that far right "boost" button if I want to add more gain to the basic tone. The fuchs doesn't give that option, unless you really take time to match the channels very carefully: it's two sounds, rather than one sound + boost, and, though I think in the long run that offers more versatility, I'm still missing that boost button a bit. Definitely a quality made product.

009-5-1.jpg

Thanks for the info. folks............ I have to believe it would be an excellent pedal. I did listen to a couple You Tube Heritage guitar Demos from Wolfe guitars, they were using this pedal and it sounded great.

I'd pronounce it with the first "u" sound in the word "future". Is it the correct way? No idea. I just think it sounds cool.

Archived