Heritage Owners Club

Steiner Guitar Cables

Bulldog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This past Saturday we're into the 2nd set, probably about halfway thru. The low battery light has been blinking on the wireless for about 3 songs. I'm thinking, "please, just last this song and I'll swap out". And of course, the battery lasted right up to the solo!! Hit the note and ... nada, it's dead. And what is lying on the floor curled up by the wireless, just in case? A very very nice (and patient) Steiner cable, silent tip. Pulled the wireless out, popped the straight end into the vol pedal, whipped that silent tip right into the guitar ... just in time for the vocal chorus!! Yeah, baby :thumbsup: .... Thanks, Greg!

Not to mention the complimentary cigar that comes with the cable!

Dang man, mine only had a cigar scent! And I mean scent not sent. Wait, now I'm starting to confuse myself.

Thanks for the votes of confidence. There's a large number of these cables out there being used on the road and in the studio; no complaints. I wouldn't offer them if I didn't love 'em myself.

Koula901 - your NCD should be Wednesday. She's in the mail. Thanks again!

:icon_thumleft:

Guest HRB853370

This past Saturday we're into the 2nd set, probably about halfway thru. The low battery light has been blinking on the wireless for about 3 songs. I'm thinking, "please, just last this song and I'll swap out". And of course, the battery lasted right up to the solo!! Hit the note and ... nada, it's dead. And what is lying on the floor curled up by the wireless, just in case? A very very nice (and patient) Steiner cable, silent tip. Pulled the wireless out, popped the straight end into the vol pedal, whipped that silent tip right into the guitar ... just in time for the vocal chorus!! Yeah, baby :thumbsup: .... Thanks, Greg!

Just out of curiousity (from a non gigging guitar player), why do you need wireless? Do you venture from both ends of the stage? Do you walk out into the crowd while playing a solo? Do you just eschew having a cable plugged into your axe? I always wonder why people want to have these contraptions strapped to their hip. Would Jimi have used one if they were available back then?

It worth noting that the mail carrier sometimes nicks the cigars from the box! At least that's what happened with mine.

Beware of free cigars, huh Lance?

Just out of curiousity (from a non gigging guitar player), why do you need wireless? Do you venture from both ends of the stage? Do you walk out into the crowd while playing a solo? Do you just eschew having a cable plugged into your axe? I always wonder why people want to have these contraptions strapped to their hip. Would Jimi have used one if they were available back then?

It's for the stage slides. Cables get in the way.

Less clutter on the floor. And yeah, I bet Jimi would have. Why not?

What about speaker cables? I couldn't find the nice speaker cable I thought I had when I bought my new speaker cabinet to go with the recently purchased 100W head I now have. I'll need a 5ft (or so) speaker cable. Currently I'm using a 50ft no-name speaker cable which was leftover from an old Peavey PA system I used to have. (Labled "speaker" would be even better.)

I've avoided making speaker cables. I don't want to use the same tips as the instrument cables and get them mixed up, plus I've been trying to find a combination of tips and cable that will provide 12AWG. Nobody sells cable skinny enough to fit in the tips and / or vice versa to get to 12 gage wire. I'm very nearly in the camp that uses zip cord (lamp electrical cord) and cheap tips. A 100W amp at full tilt on a 110V line uses less than 1Amp of current. Most of the high dollar cabs I own use 18AWG between the jack and speakers. There's just a feeling of quality that comes from over engineering...

I've avoided making speaker cables. I don't want to use the same tips as the instrument cables and get them mixed up, plus I've been trying to find a combination of tips and cable that will provide 12AWG. Nobody sells cable skinny enough to fit in the tips and / or vice versa to get to 12 gage wire. I'm very nearly in the camp that uses zip cord (lamp electrical cord) and cheap tips. A 100W amp at full tilt on a 110V line uses less than 1Amp of current. Most of the high dollar cabs I own use 18AWG between the jack and speakers. There's just a feeling of quality that comes from over engineering...

No worries. I'll just put together an order for instrument cables, hopefully sometime in the near future.

No worries. I'll just put together an order for instrument cables, hopefully sometime in the near future.

I'm proud to announce that GT Cables is up and open with nearly two (count 'em, two!) opposeable thumbs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm not sure when you did it but thank you for the note about the name change. For a moment I thought somebody had stolen HorseDriver's avatar.

I'm proud to announce that GT Cables is up and open with nearly two (count 'em, two!) opposeable thumbs :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Glad to hear this! :) I was worried for you when you first posted about your accident.

I'm not sure when you did it but thank you for the note about the name change. For a moment I thought somebody had stolen HorseDriver's avatar.

heh, yea, this is the first online blog/forum I've ever tried to participate in and I had no idea what to expect or how visible the user name would be. As a result I didn't take it very seriously. But HANGAR18 fits me better and I already have a custom made hockey jersey with HANGAR18 on it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived