Heritage Owners Club

Steiner Guitar Cables

Bulldog

Ah! Thanks for the vote of confidence Gents. All cables have been created, tested (where that tinciture of mojois infused) and shipped. It should be a great New Cable Day for all this wekend! Thanks to all - Enjoy!

Looking forward to NCD here. I also have a Carbon Copy on the way, so I'll patch it into my board with my new GT pedal cables! Lots of fun to be had this weekend woodshedding.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

NCD in Chicago. I host an open mic, and run acoustics into a pedal tuner, then a DI, then a board. The pedal tuner is a convenience to the performer, sure, but it also enables them to cut the signal to the pboard when they're inserting or removing the cable. Despite demo'ing this to all newbs at the mic, they're forever finishing and yanking the cable out. Seemed a perfect application.

Asked Steiner for a DBL 90/20 footer, he promptly quoted me. I paypaled him about Midnight Tuesday, he confirmed receipt Wednesday and I was playing through it Friday night after work. Super high quality tips, and the silent sleeve/switch is the bomb.

Thanks Steiner. That takes care of the Open Mic rig. There will be another order soon for one that won't ever be used by anyone else.

:drink_mini::good_mini:

I have several with the silent tip and they are the best! Mr. Steiner even manufactured for a time with one hand...I wonder how you did that? If you don't have one of these cables please order today and amaze your friends!

Does Steiner offer Tweed cables in the silent tip configuration?

Heavens! I can get you any cable configuration your heart desires - as long as it's black. ;)

Finally tried my new 20 footer, works great. The silent tip is a cool feature, totally foreign for me. Many thanks to Greg for a great product and a smooth transaction.

I didn't know I needed one either 'till a friend showed me her's. I don't know how I ever managed without; I never will again! Thank's HFan! I do what I can to keep you all smiling.

I didn't know I needed one either 'till a friend showed me her's. I don't know how I ever managed without; I never will again! Thank's HFan! I do what I can to keep you all smiling.

So you fell for the old "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" trick? Lol

NCD in Chicago. I host an open mic, and run acoustics into a pedal tuner, then a DI, then a board. The pedal tuner is a convenience to the performer, sure, but it also enables them to cut the signal to the pboard when they're inserting or removing the cable. Despite demo'ing this to all newbs at the mic, they're forever finishing and yanking the cable out. Seemed a perfect application.

Asked Steiner for a DBL 90/20 footer, he promptly quoted me. I paypaled him about Midnight Tuesday, he confirmed receipt Wednesday and I was playing through it Friday night after work. Super high quality tips, and the silent sleeve/switch is the bomb.

Thanks Steiner. That takes care of the Open Mic rig. There will be another order soon for one that won't ever be used by anyone else.

:drink_mini::good_mini:

One of our HOC brethren, TonyM, bought a few cables for the open mic where he plays. Same reason, people pulling the cord out of the guitar without thinking about the consequence. These are designed to eliminate the negative effects of being on stage. Fortunately, they also work for me in my absent mindedness. They're built from the finest components I've found and with many out there being gigged regularly I've had but 1 defective tip. I trust that even all the newbs at open mic won't be able to destroy it. Thank you for your business KidSmoke. :glasses1:

Gotta love those cables. I use one for recording and a silent tip model for the stage. I can switch guitars and never worry about it.

When you're out in front of others and trying to be entertaining, the last thing you should have to worry about is swapping guitars. All it takes is 1 time without thinking to send out 60Hz at 50% volume and piss off the audience. You, Blues, will never have to worry about that again.

So you fell for the old "I'll show you mine if you show me yours" trick? Lol

Yes. Her's was so superior to mine that I started to make copies of hers. :downtown:

I have several with the silent tip and they are the best! Mr. Steiner even manufactured for a time with one hand...I wonder how you did that? If you don't have one of these cables please order today and amaze your friends!

Making Kidsmoke's was a whole lot easier than any I had to get out in the previous 6 months. I'm up to almost 1.5 opposeable thumbs, it keeps things interesting. Thank you for your continued business and vote of confidence golferwave! :icon_biggrin:

When you're out in front of others and trying to be entertaining, the last thing you should have to worry about is swapping guitars. All it takes is 1 time without thinking to send out 60Hz at 50% volume and piss off the audience. You, Blues, will never have to worry about that again.

Yes. Her's was so superior to mine that I started to make copies of hers. :downtown:

Sweet, now we all get seconds.

hey Steiner, what kind of tips do you use?

I've been using these switchcrafts, they are bombproof but fairly heavy:

http://www.switchcraft.com/productsummary.aspx?Parent=404

if I don't wrap the cable thru the strap, they can be prone to getting loose just from the weight

I made a 30' and a 10' cord with them on one end; every year or so I have to cut back a few inches as the fatigue craps out the cable at the ends

I agree it is SO convenient to switch guitars etc!!

Ok, I know that we've covered this topic...... But, earlier this week I contacted Steiner and ordered 2 cables. My dog ate my monster cable, how about that - it's true. i have to say the the silent tip is really cool, completely quiet and super nice to use. Cable quality is flexible, clean and transparent. Nice job Greg, thank you very much for the fantastic cable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Yes, some of you already know - but, I wanted to reinforce the quality of these cables.

i have 2 of Greg's silent tip 15' cables and i love them!!!

hey Steiner, what kind of tips do you use? I've been using these switchcrafts, they are bombproof but fairly heavy: http://www.switchcraft.com/productsummary.aspx?Parent=404 if I don't wrap the cable thru the strap, they can be prone to getting loose just from the weight I made a 30' and a 10' cord with them on one end; every year or so I have to cut back a few inches as the fatigue craps out the cable at the ends I agree it is SO convenient to switch guitars etc!!

I've been using Neutrik plugs: Silent Plug

The specs claim they're good for 10,000+ cycles. What I REALLY like about these is the "Slim plug with industry proven and reliable chuck type cable strain relief." The grey piece, (third from the left), below has teeth that encircle and grab the cable sheath. When the cable gets yanked from its plug, the grey piece takes the brunt of the force, not the solder joints. With a little common sense, they should last well over 20 years.

NeutrikNP2CExploded.jpg

The silent tip is what I was going for. The reliability and lack of maintenance sold me on Neutrik.

The other part of the equation is the Mogami cable. The shielding is the best I've used. I no longer wince when I see florescent lights or rheostats. Strong EM signals no longer get into my amp. The cables lay flat on the ground and they don't snap or click when I'm on the move.

That Bolero, is why I offer the cables here. I only bring the best to the collective :icon_thumright:

Doesn't Gibson use Neutrik jacks on their guitars now?

Sure they do - i guess... Does that mean you need that other cable now?

+1 :thumbsup: on GT cables. I have not complaints and the silent tip is a big plus.

X2 just ordered another pedal coupler with L shaped tips. They're great cables, I've got longer cables with silent tips that I love, too.

Looking forward to NCD here. I also have a Carbon Copy on the way, so I'll patch it into my board with my new GT pedal cables! Lots of fun to be had this weekend woodshedding.

Great choices.

Ok, I know that we've covered this topic...... But, earlier this week I contacted Steiner and ordered 2 cables. My dog ate my monster cable, how about that - it's true. i have to say the the silent tip is really cool, completely quiet and super nice to use. Cable quality is flexible, clean and transparent. Nice job Greg, thank you very much for the fantastic cable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! Yes, some of you already know - but, I wanted to reinforce the quality of these cables.

+1 been using mine for several years now..

Thanks for the votes of confidence. There's a large number of these cables out there being used on the road and in the studio; no complaints. I wouldn't offer them if I didn't love 'em myself.

Koula901 - your NCD should be Wednesday. She's in the mail. Thanks again!

Archived