Heritage Owners Club

Gibson Amp Book

blueox

This book has been out a couple of years now, but I just recently picked up on it: Gibson Amplifiers 1933-2008: 75 Years of the Gold Tone. This is a book for anyone that owned or owns a Gibson amp or just has an interest in anything produced by the 225 Parsons St. outfit in the days before Heritage. I can relate since, for a time, I owned a Gibson Vanguard 2x10, and I know some of you own one or more Gibson amps. After the interesting first few pages of preface, foreward, and introduction, 70 pages are devoted to the history of Gibson amps, followed by a few more pages on related Maestro, Ephiphone, and Kalamazoo amps. Sixteen pages of various amps in color follow. Then 90 pages follow as a "Guide to Gibson Amplifiers" with all the specs of each amp produced through the years: controls, inputs, tubes, speakers, power rating, and production totals. A couple of pages of "Effects and Accessories", including the Maestro Fuzz Tone, end it up. It's quite a complete story of Gibson amps, plus a CD-ROM containing the entire 1960s Gibson Amplifier Master Service Book with owner's manuals and schematics for the 1936-1966 period is included.

Gibson-amps-book.jpg

Hey thx for the tip....looks interesting!

+1 on that! I still have my old (who am I kidding ancient) Gibsonette..

I'd forgotten about that book - need to go pick one up.

'56 GA6 - one trick pony, but a very good trick with a les paul / 150. Lot's of 're-done' on this one.

heritagehoc153.jpg

heritagehoc152.jpg

'52 Gibsonette - just a cool look, sound. Amazing shape for it's age, only a few caps replaced.

gibsonette.jpg

I'd forgotten about that book - need to go pick one up.

'56 GA6 - one trick pony, but a very good trick with a les paul / 150. Lot's of 're-done' on this one.

heritagehoc153.jpg

heritagehoc152.jpg

'52 Gibsonette - just a cool look, sound. Amazing shape for it's age, only a few caps replaced.

gibsonette.jpg

WOW, Randy, I had seen that way-cool purple Gibson amp in some pics you had, but I never realized that it was actually a Vintage one with some modern touch-ups done; I'll bet both of those sound great.

Archived