Heritage Owners Club

I'm sure this is an old discussion, BUT ~

michaeljames

I have just spent the last couple of hours, on and off, looking at a Gi***n 2000 studio <emerald green!)

and the H150 I have. I was comparing headstocks. I really don't understand why Heritage got such a bad wrap. Actually I think I know, I'm in marketing/advertising. Tell people what they want (or need) to hear and you have an audience!

I think the Heritage headstock shape is much more lean and sexy looking than the Gi***n right next door. They are both GREAT ********** guitars! I wonder why?! hee-hee! :icon_sunny:

yeah I agree

the earlier heritages have a thinner, longer headstock than the ones made post-2005 or so, not sure when they made the change

I think the reason some people don't like them is the H150 body is such a traditional shape, when you put a smaller headstock on it it looks very different than what our brain is used to

otherwise meh, who cares...just play the thing

I saw them in Milwaukee ~ oriental theatre in 1978 (late '70s anyhow) UNBELIEVEABLE!

Hi Millenium Maestro ~ The White Whale! Looks like its home! I'm glad you haven't been calling me lately...I always lose $$$ hee-hee.

What ever happened to that Yamaono Ebony LP with P90s? And the Greenie H535?

Hope all is well there in Milwaukee!

jim

yeah I agree

the earlier heritages have a thinner, longer headstock than the ones made post-2005 or so, not sure when they made the change

I think the reason some people don't like them is the H150 body is such a traditional shape, when you put a smaller headstock on it it looks very different than what our brain is used to

otherwise meh, who cares...just play the thing

My N series ('96?) has the same headstock dimensions as my ''04 and '11 series solid bodies. Personally, I think there's an extra 1/2" on the end of it to accomodate "The Heritage" that leaves it seeming a bit wrong in terms of my sense of proportion. But overall, I like it. To me, the open-book Gibson headstock looks a little stupid.

What use is it to flare the tuning pegs out at the end?

Archived