Heritage Owners Club

<< SO THE BASTARDS SHOWED UP ~Your thoughts on an imaginary pickup change >>

michaeljames

So the set of Rio Grande Fat Bastard P90 replacement for HB routing pickups are here. Now what to do?

1) Install in 1988 H150 Cherry Sunburst ~ pretty top (currently has Duncan 59s I think), or

2) Install in 2000 Gibson Studio Emerald Green (488/490s), or

3) Install in 1985 Epihone Shearton II (currently has Ibanez Super 70s~lots of feedback)

For me its #1 or #3 ~ with leaning toward the Sheriton II. I have a couple of P90 Historics. And a CCPP.

So, I think I have the solid body aspect covered. The Sheriton is my only HB. I had a Heritage H535 (cool green flame) but sold it to a lucky HOC guy!

So, your thoughts ? :thumbsup:

Thank you.

I would start with the 150, since it will be an easy swap. Give it a listen before you start swapping out the Sheraton, which will be much trickier. Then if you like the move, you have a rough idea how the Epi will move.

Having pulled the harness of a semi hollow, its not something I would to "just to see" what it would sound like. Last time I did that, one of the leads off the tone cap broke off, at the capacitor end. Had to pull the whole thing again just to put a new cap in.

I hear you there. I took the Epi to Hoffman Guitars here in Mpls to have the original Epi HBs exchanged for the Ibanez Super 70s, problem is the feedback is unreal. I love 70s pups tho ~ just wrong guitar I think. Back to your response ~ The pup exchange at Hoffmans was $200 bucks as I recall... :icon_scratch:

yes, i agree at this point. i want a semihollow that i enjoy. and now the epi is the only semi i have. and they actually are well built instruments (japanese) i can find local guys to do the exchange for less than I paid Hoffman. (probably @ $75bucks ~ they do HB sets for $40) They (the guys and gal at Hoffman) are fine craftsmen, and they charge fine craftsman prices (labor = $75/hr i believe, but they are excellent!) not a plug tho'. they just are damn good. they craft by hand acoustic guitars. they fix everything.

Epi goes in for surgery this week.

It will be nice to leave the H150 alone. And nice to start playing the Epi again. With some Funky Texas Rio Grandes in there ~ I'll have to get the drool cup out~again!

Take care all ~

i'm up at 2am ~ ted nugent ~ isn't he a republican who shoots animals with license (or without, whatever his $$ mood>, and then feeds them to his young daughters? I love that 175 tho'! BUT, in my state thats childs abuse <175 fu**** cranked!> too bad his better ones didn't get out ~ with the 175...oh, someones got them all! those old tapes.

yes, i agree at this point. i want a semihollow that i enjoy. and now the epi is the only semi i have. and they actually are well built instruments (japanese) i can find local guys to do the exchange for less than I paid Hoffman. (probably @ $75bucks ~ they do HB sets for $40) They (the guys and gal at Hoffman) are fine craftsmen, and they charge fine craftsman prices (labor = $75/hr i believe, but they are excellent!) not a plug tho'. they just are damn good. they craft by hand acoustic guitars. they fix everything.

The thing about semi-hollow bodies is they all feed back more than a solid body. What ever pups you put in the semi, you may want to go with wax potted pup as this is another great feature that minimizes feedback.

Archived