Heritage Owners Club

Delay Shopping sub $100.

Since my Boss DD3 took a nose dive, I'm in the market for another delay. Not sure if I should go the Boss route again. So I'm looking for some advice. Analog or Digital? My delay time should be no more than 500ms, as I'm only using it for a thicker lead tone type sound, slightly more than just a simple slapback. So what's out there, new or used for $100 or less I should be looking at and why?

I love the versatility of the Dd-6 which can be had used for ~$100 (I'd sell mine for $100 + shipping simply because I don't need it and the Nova Delay). However, if you're looking for analog the Memory boy or toy could be a good fit.

I would go for the MXR Carbon Copy. It's analog and offers 600ms and it sounds warm and natural.

This will probably be my next delay, they sound great and are priced right.

Det, I use a Danelectro D8. Don't let the low price fool you. Another delay I like a lot is the Guyatone Micro Delay MD-3. Both worth checking out.

Det, I use a Danelectro D8. Don't let the low price fool you. Another delay I like a lot is the Guyatone Micro Delay MD-3. Both worth checking out.

My Dan-echo died at band practice yesterday. I have a show on saturday, I'll probably just do w/o! I did really like the Dan-echo .

I would go for the MXR Carbon Copy. It's analog and offers 600ms and it sounds warm and natural.

X2 - nice sounding delay

I've got the Delta Labs Digitsl Delay from GC. I'll bet thats what RS is referring to. I like it.

I had one of those, but I felt for a digital delay, the delay time could of been much longer. I believe its only 300ms. Need closer to 500ms.

THe delta labs is the one (as mentioned above). I tried it out in the Southfield store (not sure if this is close to you DetroitBlues), but they have it in a large pedal rig where you can compare it to many others. THey are $48.00 on clearance.

I thought it sounded pretty good compared to the others.

There is no doubt the Deltalabs sounds good. I'm not sure if anyone knows this, but Delta Labs is a in-house brand for Guitar Center/Musician's Friend. The original Delta Labs pedals were exact clones of other pedals. Their Tube Overdrive was an exact clone of a Ibanez Tube Screamer. I believe their digital delay design is based upon a Boss DD2 or some other early delay pedal.

are the delta labs pedals cheaper than the originals they are based on?

When I bought one, it was $55 new. DD2's are really expensive, couple hundred on the used "vintage" market I believe. DD3 can be found used for $60 on up, new they are $140. Only thing is the design of the DD3 changed about five years ago. The older one was an update of the DD2, both of which were modifiable by Keeley and other companies which makes them much more desirable. The new DD3's are not because they are micro printed circuit instead of normal components.

My delay search is (at least temporally) over. I checked one of the three Guitar Centers around me and found an Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy for $65. Picked up an OEM Epiphone ES335 case for $80. That was a steal too, thanks to Sweetwater have a guitar case sale and Guitar Center with their Guaranteed Lowest Price (GLP) price matching. I made out quite well today....At least I hope...

My delay search is (at least temporally) over. I checked one of the three Guitar Centers around me and found an Electro-Harmonix Memory Toy for $65. Picked up an OEM Epiphone ES335 case for $80. That was a steal too, thanks to Sweetwater have a guitar case sale and Guitar Center with their Guaranteed Lowest Price (GLP) price matching. I made out quite well today....At least I hope...

Seems like someone thought the memory toy would be a good fit, just can't remember who ...

Yep, you're right... I really should thank that guy for that...

Apparently no thanks is needed as he doesn't have the decency to refrain from patting himself on the back. :)

Not over yet.. I'm just starting.. I have found several MXR's for around 110.00 I'm also looking at a wampler analog delay. and an EH deluxe memory man. any other suggestions will be met with open arms.

Keeley Mod DD3?

I was thanking you.... :icon_scratch:

Thanks for the appreciation! Appreciated though certainly not necessary. I was just having some fun at my own expense and the lack of subtlety demonstrated as I was fishing for a compliment. :)

Archived