Heritage Owners Club

5E3, Robert Cray Strat, and, finally, trying it with some pedals!

schundog

It seems almost sacreligious to run the Tweed Deluxe with any pedals; It's like my Dad used to say when a waiter would ask him if he wanted any steak sauce for his steak; If it needs it, you didn't do it right! The KBP810 Tweed Deluxe doesn't need any "sauce," but I decided to run some through it anyway. This clip is recorded with my handheld Tascam DR-05 2-3 inches from the speaker into my MIM Robert Cray Strat through the Tweed Deluxe on the normal channel 2, through, in, order:

Delta Labs Digital Delay

BBE Green Screamer

Fulltone OCD

Delta Labs Stereo Chorus

Back to the Delta Labs Digital Delay.

I just got the Green Screamer from jazzrat today (thanks man!) and wanted to try it out. Yep, it's pretty much a Tube Screamer. I'll probably use it as a lower gain pedal and use to OCD for the higher gain stuff, but the Green Screamer sounded REALLY good when I had the tubes cooking a little bit already and then kicked it on. Yeah Baby! Anyway, thanks for listening.

http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=11502245&q=hi

Guest HRB853370

I played my TD for about a week then got curious about using FX because I like reverb. So I hooked up my PB into the TD so I could access the Blues Driver, The Combo Drive, My 63 Fender Reverb box and my Compresser/Sustainer. All worked wonderfully through the TD, but the reverb got kind of weird when combined with one of the overdrive boxes (such as the Combo Drive or the Blues Driver).

It seems almost sacreligious to run the Tweed Deluxe with any pedals;

Delta Labs Digital Delay

BBE Green Screamer

Fulltone OCD

Delta Labs Stereo Chorus

http://www.soundclic...d=11502245&q=hi

I'll never be able to understand that comment or mind set. Pedals are tools just like your pick of choice. Or your pickups of choice. One more color for the palette. Anyway, the clip has a definite '50s vibe. A few "uh uh uh uh uh uh"s and you'd be channeling Buddy Holly.

I played my TD for about a week then got curious about using FX because I like reverb. So I hooked up my PB into the TD so I could access the Blues Driver, The Combo Drive, My 63 Fender Reverb box and my Compresser/Sustainer. All worked wonderfully through the TD, but the reverb got kind of weird when combined with one of the overdrive boxes (such as the Combo Drive or the Blues Driver).

What order do you have the pedals in? Just as you listed?

Guest HRB853370

What order do you have the pedals in? Just as you listed?

No, look at the thread on whats on your pedalboard and you will see a closeup of mine. I tried moving the reverb pedal from far right to far left (furthest in the chain) but same result.

No, look at the thread on whats on your pedalboard and you will see a closeup of mine. I tried moving the reverb pedal from far right to far left (furthest in the chain) but same result.

Slammer, jumper the channels with the reverb pedal in the middle and see how that grabs you :)

It seems almost sacreligious to run the Tweed Deluxe with any pedals; It's like my Dad used to say when a waiter would ask him if he wanted any steak sauce for his steak; If it needs it, you didn't do it right! The KBP810 Tweed Deluxe doesn't need any "sauce," but I decided to run some through it anyway. This clip is recorded with my handheld Tascam DR-05 2-3 inches from the speaker into my MIM Robert Cray Strat through the Tweed Deluxe on the normal channel 2, through, in, order:

Delta Labs Digital Delay

BBE Green Screamer

Fulltone OCD

Delta Labs Stereo Chorus

I just got the Green Screamer from jazzrat today (thanks man!) and wanted to try it out. Yep, it's pretty much a Tube Screamer. I'll probably use it as a lower gain pedal and use to OCD for the higher gain stuff, but the Green Screamer sounded REALLY good when I had the tubes cooking a little bit already and then kicked it on. Yeah Baby! Anyway, thanks for listening.

http://www.soundclic...d=11502245&q=hi

Sounds Great!! The Screamer gives it a little hair..

This is a good exercise. For me, a recording is a lot more telling of tone than live.

Sounds good Schundog!

Hey guys, I may be hearing things a little different than you but on my amp, which is much like yours just hotter, I don't miss reverb at all. I run my pedalboard through it and it reacts well, I use delay a bit on some of the rockabilly songs, but no reverb. I can't picture a scenario where I would miss it except for maybe in a closet, which would be deafening.

Maybe it's just me.

I do like putting a little drive in front of it!

I'll never be able to understand that comment or mind set. Pedals are tools just like your pick of choice. Or your pickups of choice. One more color for the palette. Anyway, the clip has a definite '50s vibe. A few "uh uh uh uh uh uh"s and you'd be channeling Buddy Holly.

Oh, I know, Kenny, I said was saying it somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but as it DOES sound so good without pedals, I could see not needing them. As for the Buddy Holly comment, I'm afraid I'm more of a 70's Elvis.... Thank You.... Thank You Very Much... :dirol_mini: .. :laugh_mini2:

Oh, I know, Kenny, I said was saying it somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but as it DOES sound so good without pedals, I could see not needing them. As for the Buddy Holly comment, I'm afraid I'm more of a 70's Elvis.... Thank You.... Thank You Very Much... :dirol_mini: .. :laugh_mini2:

I think I could get by without any dirt pedals with mine fairly easy, especially if I had an A B looper so I could switch to the high input, it's fairly easy to get dirt out of mine with guitar volume only. I would still need the chorus/phaser/trem/delay and wah though. :icon_thumright:

Slammer, jumper the channels with the reverb pedal in the middle and see how that grabs you :)

Did you try this, Slammer? It's a bit like an effects loop if you drop pedals into the middle of the jumper.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 5E3 amp and I have found that the pedals that work best with it have EQ to control the bass response. The flabby 5E3 bass can sound awful if you hit the amp hard up front. Two pedals that I have had some luck with this circuit are the Paul Cochrane Tim and the Xotic RC Booster. Both are more being used as boosts to hit the front end of teh preamp hard and both have powerful bass cut EQ functions.

:-)

Bob

Archived