Heritage Owners Club

H-150 Fret Buzz

Buster

Just a question, but where are you located? If it's gone through extreme changes in moisture it can take weeks to months to really settle in.

Anyway, good luck with the issues. I'm sure that heritage will be able to make it right.

I'm currently in Oklahoma. Typically it is really dry here, but it's been quite humid for the past month or so. I've had it now for over 3 weeks, and it really hasn't gotten any better.

I'm currently in Oklahoma. Typically it is really dry here, but it's been quite humid for the past month or so. I've had it now for over 3 weeks, and it really hasn't gotten any better.

If it were I, I would without question send it back to Heritage. It is possible it has a neck twist. Heritage will be honest with you and tell you the real problem. I keep my guitars in approx 55-65% humidity and don't have the trouble you are experiencing.

Call Heritage and telling them you are sending it back. Write a note with a detailed description of the problem and put it in the case along with telling the issue over the phone. Tell Heritage you will call them back within 2 weeks to see what the problem is. You personally need to follow up with Heritage, it is your guitar and you, not the dealer's, you want an answer.

The best time to reach Heritage is via phone early in the morning 7:30-9A.M. EST M-TR (they are closed on Fri).

I am VERY confident that Heritage will definitely fix the problem, but my experience is that you need to do the initiating and follow up with Heritage. This is what I would do.

I agree with everyone. Take it to an authorized dealer or to your own luthier. Probably needs a fretdress or even a fret could be loose. Not sure if its a brand new 150 or just new to you, but if a guitar sits long enough or is exposed to heat and cold, a fret could pop out. Not all manufactures glue their frets in either...

I agree with everyone. Take it to an authorized dealer or to your own luthier. Probably needs a fretdress or even a fret could be loose. Not sure if its a brand new 150 or just new to you, but if a guitar sits long enough or is exposed to heat and cold, a fret could pop out. Not all manufactures glue their frets in either...

It's a 2011, I am the only owner. I think at this point, there are a thousand possibilities. I am going to call Heritage in the next couple of days and see what they say. Odds are, it will be heading to the factory.

Buster, if not already, you could drop the tailpiece as far down as it will go, and if the strings are "top wrapped" run them through the tailpiece, rather than over it. Tailpiece all the way down and not "top wrapping" will give you a little more pull on the strings, perhaps adding that touch of relief you're looking for. It's been a bad year for wood, shaped like guitars. I work for a luthier, and we've had to re-do a lot of setups this Spring because of wide and rapid changes in humidity and temperature, from late winter, until now. One of my 150's has a neck that moves all over the place during seasonal changes. And you're right, there are a thousand possibilities. You just have to find the right combination of adjustable variables to get that stick where you want it. Good luck, and keep us posted.

It's a 2011, I am the only owner. I think at this point, there are a thousand possibilities. I am going to call Heritage in the next couple of days and see what they say. Odds are, it will be heading to the factory.

Certainly a major inconvenience, but it is under warranty and you are assured that everything that can be done, will be done until it is fixed.

Smart move in my opinion.

Buster, if not already, you could drop the tailpiece as far down as it will go, and if the strings are "top wrapped" run them through the tailpiece, rather than over it. Tailpiece all the way down and not "top wrapping" will give you a little more pull on the strings, perhaps adding that touch of relief you're looking for. It's been a bad year for wood, shaped like guitars.

Tailpiece is as low as it goes, and I never top wrap my strings. I wish I could do a quick fix like this.

If Heritage suggests sending it in, by all means do so.

Archived