Heritage Owners Club

Four Blue Heritages sound clip

jacques

Hi,

Not the colour blue, but the blue sound that is... This clip was posted by Neil Kazwell (http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/index.php/topic,1810.0.html) and I couldn't resist to try and play on it too 'cause Neil played so nicely.

All my Heritages are on it. In order of appearance: 150-535-VIP2-H162

I used a small Fender Vibro Champ (6 watts, with one 6V6 tube) and recorded with a Red5Audio vacuum tube microphone in Apple Macintosh Garageband.

Effects are the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 and BOSS DD6 delay.

Neil Kazwell asked if the listeners could detect by whom he may have been influenced and I'd like your comments too! Happy listening - hope you enjoy it

http://boomp3.com/listen/byvgg2j8q_2/slowdownblues

Well done.

I hear Larry Carlton in the Tone and a little bit in the phrasin'; it's just a little bit more "angular" than what Larry would play hence, I think, the reason why someone mentioned Schofield...

The backin' (chord progressions and the use of keyboards, kinda what Max Middleton would play) reminds me a little of the more mellow moments 70's Jeff Beck, but without Beck's  irreverente attitude. 8)

Awesome Tone's, but then again, what would you expect from someone totin' an Heritage (or two...or three...or...)?

Oops - I did not play on the backing (see my first post - it was originally dug up and introduced by Kazwell)

I did use Schallers on the last of the four guitars, the 162

The 150 and the 535 are classics with Seymour Duncan '59s, the VIP2 has (replacement) Seymour Duncan Alnico II pro humbuckers. I use them in single coil mode on a few phrases.

Nice to read your comments and all right on the spot. Gimme more!

Check your messages jacques.....

and SouthPaw, you can KISS MY ASS!!!!!

Later folks

outa here for good

Did I miss something?

Archived