Heritage Owners Club

iPad amp apps

Spent some real time on Positive Grid\'s JamUp and am on to IKMultimedia\'s Amplitube Fender pack. I gotta say, through the effects return of my JC120, these might be the better modelers I have come across. Really have a great, great feel to them and killer tone.

The one major drawback at the moment is the hardware interface. The manufacturers just haven\'t quite caught up yet. I am using the AmpKit LiNK and it is ....ok. Not bad for around the house but I have to be mindful of the noise floor. It uses the headphone jack of the iPad. Problem is, it also uses the headphone out and therefore the headphone amp to get the sound out. Just noisy and a touch of low end is lost.

There is the Apogee Jam but, while it uses the dock connector for input, it still uses the headphone out for output. If I was recording only on the iPad and wasn\'t running a line out, it would be fine. ...but I don\'t so it isn\'t.

SUPPOSEDLY.... there is the Alesis Ampdock coming (not cheap) that will utilize the dock connector for I/O, provide the iPad with a protective housing and provide a floor control unit. Very cool... not cheap... but not horrible considering the money saved on using apps over amps. Also, Peavey is to be releasing their AmpKit LiNK HD at somepoint too. Dock connector I/O but none of the other perks... but also not likely anywhere near the price.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

I just preordered this a couple weeks ago... I think it\'s going to work for both a live and practice situation.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/iRigStomp/

Say when it will ship? They\'ve made a step the right way with this. If they\'d just used the dock connector, I\'d have this pre-ordered, too. Until then, waiting on the Alesis AmpDock or AmpKit LiNK HD.

• 2 weeks later...
IK Multimedia supposedly. But the voicemail I received mentioned' date=' mine would be on the next shipment implying my PRE-ORDER(!!!! :angry4: ) didn\'t make the first run...[/quote']

GEEZ. Really questioning getting my Amp Dock through Sweetwater now. :(

Archived