Heritage Owners Club

Custom Pickguards for H150

I recently saw an H150 with a Custom "LP" pick guard.... are these an Heritage option??  It looks an LP pick guard.  Does anybody know about these???       

I had Wolfe put both of my LP stlye pick guards on. They are just that generic Gibby brand or All Parts LP style pickguard.

I ordered mine with no pickguard fro the factory.

I, believe, others can correct me, that if Heritage installs their pickguard then the LP style won't match the predrilled holes.

Heritage can't install a LP style pickguard for legal reasons. (Personally, I feel Gibson should have been forced to change their headstock, truss rod cover, and pick guard when they decided to stop making quality guitars and started producing sh*t guitars!)

I can certainly make you a pickguard. I don't understand how the stock Gibson LP pickguards fit the Heritage 150 or 157.  My experience is that they don't. My Les Paul Standard pickguard fits on neither my 150 nor 157.  I also now have a template for the "S" pickguard as well as the "LP" shape for the Heritage.  I'll probably have to charge you, say, $6.27 because nobody wants one for FREE!  Or you can pay me $8.44 or even $4.45 or $1.87 plus 42 cents postage.... FREE!!! is no longer an option.

Cheers, Cryoman

I can certainly make you a pickguard. I don't understand how the stock Gibson LP pickguards fit the Heritage 150 or 157.  My experience is that they don't. My Les Paul Standard pickguard fits on neither my 150 nor 157.  I also now have a template for the "S" pickguard as well as the "LP" shape for the Heritage.  I'll probably have to charge you, say, $6.27 because nobody wants one for FREE!  Or you can pay me $8.44 or even $4.45 or $1.87 plus 42 cents postage.... FREE!!! is no longer an option.

Cheers, Cryoman

I think it's a Cryoman shame the way you take advantage of poor HOC members that have no place else to go for their custom pickguards. Mr. Cameron even lives in Hawaii - where can he go?

Well...It's a cruel, unrelenting business making pickguards and giving them away for FREE!!  I just can't stand the humiliation any longer and SOMEONE's GOTTA PAY!!!  Those many nights I've cried myself to sleep after nobody, not a single HOC soul, took me up on my FREE offer....  We'll I'm just not gonna take it anymore and it's gunna COST someone $3.27 to get one now....!! Or a couple of bucks... or a coffee mug or whatever I wrote in my post above.....  Ain't no more gravy train from THIS Cryoman!!

Cheers.

Hey Cryoman~ I was admiring your handywork just yesterday!  The pickguards you made for me are better than those from Heritage or Gibby!  I'll probably have to buy another H-150 or 157 so I can use the white pearl guard!.  :rolleyes:

And yes, you should be charging MUCH more for your work.

All the best, my friend!  8)

Tim

On a note very similar to this topic, Ren was asked whether or not they pay their endorsers. He said they gave away the first one, only. That was to Roy Clark. After that they sold the endorsers their guitars - at a greatly reduced price - but sold them to them, just the same. His reasoning - you have more invested in something if you pay for it. Looks to me like Cryoman got bit by the free bug. BTW, if I'd had a need for one, I'd have taken one. I just didn't need one and thought I'd leave the freebies for those that needed them. See what that got me? (assuming I'd need a pg soon, that is).

Thanks Gents,

You are kind & appreciative souls and I really treasure HOC and my fellow afficionados. Though I don't offer a lot of witty HOC banter, I really enjoy offering my limited talents on the "technical" stuff which tends to be my interest & forte.  Still hoping someone will drop into Albuquerque with their Heritage so together we can replace a Tusq nut with something better and send everyone back out on the road with another cool pickguard option.  $3.27.  That's my FINAL offer!!

Cheers, Cryoman

PS.  I've got leftover stock & can make you either an "S" or "He said the Gword, He said the Gword" pickguard from creme or 5-ply Black & White for either an H-150 or H157.  I promise I'll soon get onto the flamed maple/bound "S" pickguards for the fancier Heritages. 

Thanks Gents,

You are kind & appreciative souls and I really treasure HOC and my fellow afficionados. Though I don't offer a lot of witty HOC banter, I really enjoy offering my limited talents on the "technical" stuff which tends to be my interest & forte.  Still hoping someone will drop into Albuquerque with their Heritage so together we can replace a Tusq nut with something better and send everyone back out on the road with another cool pickguard option.  $3.27.  That's my FINAL offer!!

Cheers, Cryoman

i wish i lived closer, i would love to have one of your custom pickguards on my 170

Archived