Heritage Owners Club

Decoding Heritage Serial Numbers

Administrator

No, the guys don't work on Sunday...

But you are right about the serial number. Probably just human error in putting the number on it..

Are any numbers not clear and might be something else? ...

I don't know if they'd have a better answer for that one... hard to say how it happened.

Thanks a lot. Now I know at least, that my calculation was right. I might call this guitar from now on: "The Sunday Child".

Cheers

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello to all,

I bought my Heritage as a used one here in Germany in 1993.

I`m not sure which letter is shown in the decoding number. (see picture)

I found at the back site from the electronic cover following numbers: H-140 CM VSB.

Decoding Number (see picture) could be A or I, but A do not exist as shown in the decoding list.

I looked for fotos to find a similar guitar look, but I could not find the same look until today (different Humbuckers for example).

I send e-mails to Kalamazoo, but no response.

So- at least I´m not sure if the pre-owner perhaps executed some tuning work at the guitar.

post-7270-0-29129700-1341163880_thumb.jpgpost-7270-0-15949300-1341163897_thumb.jpg

Hello to all,

I bought my Heritage as a used one here in Germany in 1993.

I`m not sure which letter is shown in the decoding number. (see picture)

I found at the back site from the electronic cover following numbers: H-140 CM VSB.

Decoding Number (see picture) could be A or I, but A do not exist as shown in the decoding list.

I looked for fotos to find a similar guitar look, but I could not find the same look until today (different Humbuckers for example).

I send e-mails to Kalamazoo, but no response.

So- at least I´m not sure if the pre-owner perhaps executed some tuning work at the guitar.

post-7270-0-29129700-1341163880_thumb.jpgpost-7270-0-15949300-1341163897_thumb.jpg

i would say you have a 1992 H 140

VERY NICE....and ...WELCOME!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am new here and have a question right away: Someone offers me an Golden Eagle Custom with the following serial number: AA19101. As far as I understood the decoding system this serial number can not exist, does it? The serial numbers start with an B earliest.. This irritates me a bit.

By the way, the guitar is not old, its in (new) mint condition, has two HRW pickups and OSB finish.

I will try to get a photo of it and load it up.

If someone could give me information about this serial number I would be very grateful.

Best, Stefan

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I have since 1975 a Heritage steel string acoustic guitar with the serial number H 40. It seems that this guitar never existed. I have been on several search engines and I came upon this site. The closet I have come to acknowledge that this guitar was made that a Korean based company named Unicord (parent company of Univox) made budget line of guitars. Can anyone, please give me information about this guitar?

Thanks,

Louise

P.S. 3 strings are no longer steel.

post-7354-0-09563900-1344638486_thumb.jpg

post-7354-0-85900100-1344638491_thumb.jpg

post-7354-0-90776200-1344638497_thumb.jpg

post-7354-0-72457800-1344638503_thumb.jpg

post-7354-0-78702400-1344638515_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I have since 1975 a Heritage steel string acoustic guitar with the serial number H 40. It seems that this guitar never existed. I have been on several search engines and I came upon this site. The closet I have come to acknowledge that this guitar was made that a Korean based company named Unicord (parent company of Univox) made budget line of guitars. Can anyone, please give me information about this guitar?

Thanks,

Louise

P.S. 3 strings are no longer steel.

Hi Louise, looks like you have one of these ....

http://www.jedistar....r_dating_h1.htm

About half way down the page directly under Heritage of Kalamazoo

You might also like to check out this site for some help ...

http://vintaxe.com/boards/index.php

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks a lot. Now I know at least, that my calculation was right. I might call this guitar from now on: "The Sunday Child".

Cheers

K29005 = 5th one built on October 17, 1994, which was also a Sunday. Are you sure they weren't open?

post-7664-0-75891300-1346184234_thumb.jpg

K29005 = 5th one built on October 17, 1994, which was also a Sunday. Are you sure they weren't open?

The 290 isn't the elapsed days of the year, it's the number of days until the end of the year :) I'll let you re-do the maths, it's too late in the day for me ;)

The 290 isn't the elapsed days of the year, it's the number of days until the end of the year :) I'll let you re-do the maths, it's too late in the day for me ;)

I just reread the decode instructions :icon_salut:

Day 365-290=75 - so, day 75 was Tuesday, March 16th, 1994 :pardon_mini:

Actually I just bought an H150LW and serial number is x28805, the 77th day of 07 was a sunday and it was the fifth guitar built that day...am I right? do they work on sunday?

Well, I though about that but is the same serial number inside the guitar, wrote by hand.

Any pics of the serial number and label? ... Marv said he'd like to see that...

• 6 months later...

As some of you may know, my new-to-me Heritage H-535 has some very special Mojo for me.

It's SN is: AA23303

This means it was the 3rd Guitar completed on the 132nd day of the year - May 12.

40U-5501_headstock-back_zps239776ae.jpg

I was born on May 12... though many years before this Guitar was made in 2010 !

40U-5501_fronta_zpse9016d02.jpg

For that reason alone I'd NEVER sell it !

cheers!

Jim

• 4 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I bought my Heritage as a used one here in Italy in 1993.
Its serial number is E10004 so it should be the 4th guitar built in the 365-100= 265th day of the 1988... but that year was a bissextile one!

so, in which day has the guitar been built? 366-100 or 365-100?

Moreover I've got a couple of questions about my guitar:

- Which model is it?

- Has it got some kind of value? Has it to be sold (if so at what price) or I have to keep it with me because it's a rare piece?

Many thanks in advance for your replies.

post-12242-0-48027200-1364990728_thumb.jpg

post-12242-0-90579100-1364990762_thumb.jpg

Hi sgabro, welcome to the HOC :)

That's an H-140 and it seems to have Schaller humbuckers and hardware. If you remove the control cover at the rear of the body, there should be a sticker with more model details, including the colour.

Hi sgabro, you have an H-140CM in Antique Cherry Burst. Mahogany body, maple cap with figuring (CM = Curly Maple), Florentine cutaway, rosewood fretboard with dot inlays.

In the UK market you might sell it for £800. In Italy I don't know but perhaps 800 is possible. It's not really a rare guitar except in the context of it currently being in Italy.

We have a few HOC members in Italy and a few Italian speakers in the US members. I'm in the UK and non parlo Italiano ;) I have relatives in the Varese area - where are you in Italy?

Hi H,

I live in Rimini and at the moment I don't know anyone else dealing with Heritage Guitars nearby... When I tryed to talk about my guitar even with italian guitar sellers I didn't find out anything interesting.

Many thanks again for information provided.

Appreciate anyone in Italy belonging to HOC who wants to discuss about Italian Heritage market.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good evening all, i'm new to the forum and not an owner. But tonight I was visiting a relative and he pulled out an H-140M that has never been played, with a serial number of A03603 and the going story is that it was one of the first ones produced as soon as the factory restarted. I pulled off the back plate to find that it was hand signed by Marvin Lamb, B. Paige, Michael K, Tom Duyek, Jim something and there is one more but I cant make it out...but anyway...The enclosed receipt in the case stated that the guitar was picked up was 4-23-85. The only thing that I've been able to figure out on my own is that it is a real early model. It has a very light burst, unlike some of the ones I googled from that era. So i'm not sure what I'm looking at.....I'm an early Ibanez collector, so this is a little out of my expertise.

Anyone have any insight as to what this may be?

33514a85-1060-433c-8ad3-af52652f3d59.jpg

Archived