Heritage Owners Club

Explorer?

davesultra

Just curious, I recently returned to the forum after a very long hiatus (originally signed up in '07 returned this spring). Around that time I seem to remember that a few guys (myself included) were wondering if Heritage would make an Explorer style. Has there been anyone here who has contacted "H" regarding making one. I truly believe they would sell . I know I'd love one, it's the only pointy guitar I really ever liked. Just a thought.

The only true way to know is call over to Heritage and find out from Marv or Ren, otherwise it is well intended HOC member opinions (that may or may not be correct).

We didn't know they would build a 357 "firebird" until Ron asked Marv.

• 2 months later...

I had an idea the other day. What is Marv made a guitar like a 357 but only shaped like an Explorer instead of a Thunderbird?

Better yet, like the new Explorer Pro that Gibby is making which are a little smaller/lighter than the original 50's Explorer and there is no plastic cover on the top (rear plates access to electronics).

Such a guitar could start out with the same neck-through design but have the sides of the body shaped differently so it looks like an Explorer. A translucent finish would reveal all the nice wood grain and so on. In my arrogance, I even imagined that such a guitar might be named a Heritage H18. hahahaha

I had a Gibson Explorer once and, besides it weighing as much a small car, it was a very comfortable shape for me to play. I tried out a Thunderbird for a few seconds the last time I was at GC and I didn't really like the feel of it so that is what got me thinking about the Explorer design again. But I do really like the way the 357 looks, just not the shape.

Opinions? A Heritage guitar based off of the 357 design concept but only shaped like an Explorer?

Guest HRB853370
The only true way to know is call over to Heritage and find out from Marv or Ren, otherwise it is well intended HOC member opinions (that may or may not be correct). We didn't know they would build a 357 "firebird" until Ron asked Marv.

Are you saying Ron Warren got the #UNO 357??

Archived