Heritage Owners Club

Grover tuners

randy2270

Ok,

so I am going to replace my imperial grover tuners with the standard gold rounded off ones. I need to know what is the exact model machine heads that Heritage uses. There are many different sizes and ratios. I want to get the ones that would normally come with my Sweet 16 if it wasn't the imperial design.

help.

- randy d

I was thinking I could go to the local gtar shoppe here in Catonsville and buy them over the counter. They are like 65$ brand new. Best price I have seen so far.

Also, it seems a bit unreasonable to replace grover tuners with grover tuners, and since the only problem I have is the imperial design, maybe I can just change the heads, <twisty part> . Does anyone have any experience in this? and where is the best place to get them.

I was thinking I could go to the local gtar shoppe here in Catonsville and buy them over the counter. They are like 65$ brand new. Best price I have seen so far.

Also, it seems a bit unreasonable to replace grover tuners with grover tuners, and since the only problem I have is the imperial design, maybe I can just change the heads, <twisty part> . Does anyone have any experience in this? and where is the best place to get them.

This is what I would do if you are only wanting to change the "tuning buttons" not the whole tuning heads/machines.

Ebay "Grover tuning heads" and I bet you will find a bunch.

Good luck, a simple modification really.

Hi Randy,

I'd be happy to exchange the classic machine heads with you. PM if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I did the change, now I have 5 imperials that are a bit worn and corroded. Just a bit. If anybody needs one for parts just let me know, obviously I have already done that once. 6 -1 = 5 .

Archived