Heritage Owners Club

H555 with coil taps?

gnappi

Did Heritage ever release a 555 setup with micro switched for coil tap pups custom or factory stock?

Yes they did. I posted this yesterday in Bay Watch area.

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/topic/21087-h-555-on-craigslist-metro-detroit/

The 535 and 555 have both been available with the VIP and the newer D-VIP.

Video of a 535 with older VIP .... three two way switches

As far as I'm aware D-VIP is not currently available on new guitars as it was commonly used with HRW and Schaller pickups which are no longer used.

Hey, thanks... now two more questions?

Schallers are no longer available? My 575 has them and I love the tone. I even went so far as to hunt down a Schaller neck pup for my ES-175 to warm up its rather sterile sound.

Are the Heritage equipped coil tapped models desirable or are they avoided?

As far as I'm aware Schaller pickups and hardware are no longer used due to supply issues.

I have D-VIP on a VIP2 and I don't really use the single coil or out of phase options much, usually leave them in humbucker mode. Same goes for most guitars I have with humbucker and coil tap though, seldom use the split coil.

Did Heritage ever release a 555 setup with micro switched for coil tap pups custom or factory stock?

This is my factory D-VIP H 555; I use the coil taps pretty frequently, it give a lot of tonal flexibility IMHO, I use the vari phase less than the coil taps.

It has the HRW pickups.

theboys_cropsingle.jpg

"Did Heritage ever release a 555 setup with micro switched for coil tap pups custom or factory stock?

You can look for a VIP-equipped guitar, but if you can do a custom order, coil-tapping one or both pickups would be worthwhile. I requested the factory put a coil tap switch for both pickups on my custom H-110 and it makes for a wider palette of tones to play with.

Yes, and I also do enjoy hearing the full tones of a neck pickup, but when you want to change things up a bit, it's nice to have several 'options' at hand without needing to switch guitars.

Archived