Heritage Owners Club

Say it Ain't So! It Looks Like it Finally Happened!

DavesNotHere

Those have been discussed here before. You might do a search for those threads.

If I recall correctly, a few guitars were produced without Heritages authorization by a Korean builder as part of an unsolicited proposal to Heritage to build guitars for them off shore.

They are not Heritage Guitars, and not entirely counterfeit either.

I've been searching for a Heritage guitar for a while now. I came across this one and was curious, and confused, with the description. The email response I got said the owner claims it's a prototype guitar from when Heritage was investigating have guitars built off shore.

http://www.schoolhousemusic.com/7501.html

And the back of the headstock says: "Made in Korea for Heritage Guitar Inc. Serial Number C218952."

Whether or not any of this is true, I'm sure you guys know. But the headstock apparently plainly says, not made in Kalamazoo, USA.

Total fake ... it is not a Heritage guitar. There is no such thing as a " made in Korea" Heritage.

And yeah, they tried to sell these to Heritage as a bargain line... the answer was no.

Let's just Nuke 'em and be done with it once and for all !! ;)

cheers!

Jim

+1..I worked with a guy years back who bought a Chinese Les Paul..It even said made in the USA on it..Paid like $150 for it..It makes me queasy..

Guest HRB853370

I was at the local pawn shop the other day selling something and I saw a Gibson Supreme on the wall with a $1800.00 price tag.

I said "Holy Cow! A Supreme!" Then I thought , jeee, that's not really a bad price for a Supreme.

The guy brings it to me and says, I'll sell it to you for $600.00, it counterfeit. I say, No $#!+?!!

I look it over and sure enough, the back of the neck was covered with flat black paint to hide the headstock joint at the 4th fret.

The binding did not fit well at the nut and it looked like the typical caulking they use on the Korean model guitars instead of actual binding.

The gall of these counterfeiters, it said MADE IN USA with a serial number just like a Gibson USA model.

I didn't tell the guy that if it was a counterfeit, I could buy one brand new for $300.00 from that site.

Sacrilege! Those Klingon Chinese counterfeiter bastards!

Shit, does that mean that the Rolex Oyster watch I just bought from the dude on the street corner last night for $50 could be a fake??

Archived