Heritage Owners Club

Say it Ain't So! It Looks Like it Finally Happened!

DavesNotHere

Comparative advantage at work? Thing is, being technically able to cut out the wood and glue it together doesn't mean it has any soul. Which means there's only labor arbitrage and no comparative advantage at all. I'd rather have the real deal.

Let's get real. The guitar in the photo isn't what will come to your doorstep. If any serious Heritage buyer saw this they would know it was BS at first glance. If you buy this guitar it is your fault for getting screwed.

I hear there are photos of Ren and Jiafa out there but watch out.......

Here's an ad for an H140 that looks more like an H150P. In fact, I think we may have seen this listing on ebay.

http://www.dhgate.com/hot-seller-1994-heritage-h-140-electric-guitar/p-ff8080813bdf48c4013be6cbccac1022.html#s2-7-1

1.0x0.jpg

Here's another. It's interesting that Gibson fakes are no longer offered through this site, they've started copying Heritage, Tokai, and other manufacturers

heritage-guitar-hollow-body-maple-body-e

1.0x0.jpg

http://www.dhgate.com/heritage-guitar-hollow-body-maple-body-electric/p-ff8080813d7cba92013d90c936012fad.html#s1-11-1

Hey,

That guitar, that actual guitar was on ebay. It has a neck repair that is evident from the extended "stinger". This ad is hopefully an April fools joke. This guitar was made in kalamazoo.

That guitar has been on sale for a while.

y2kc

All these guys are doing is taking pictures from genuine auctions and using them on their own site. They don't actually have any of those guitars for sale. Most likely a buyer could confidently expect to get nothing from them in return for their payment, or at best a really crappy version of what they expected to get.

All these guys are doing is taking pictures from genuine auctions and using them on their own site. They don't actually have any of those guitars for sale. Most likely a buyer could confidently expect to get nothing from them in return for their payment, or at best a really crappy version of what they expected to get.

We have seen this before, two or three years ago, and addressed it with a lengthy, frenzied thread. Paul's on the money, here.

Let's just Nuke 'em and be done with it once and for all !! ;)

cheers!

Jim

Yeah... the two 140's listed look to be photos of real Heritages used to sell the fakes. The first one has a lot of oddities like the extended stinger, the TRC and the EMG pickups that all are aftermarket.

The 535 looks to possibly be the fake one itself with a 3 screw TRC and what looks to be a slightly off shaped headstock.

I wonder if the guys at Heritage are aware of this. Guitar forgery is a big business. Heritage has a significant presence in the far east. I know Gibson, Fender, and others work with the Customs service to fight piracy.

I know this is obviously a rip-off in one form or another.

China is the world's leader in every sort of product/technology piracy.

The major brands have been fighting this for years.

This is just the first time I've encountered this type of activity with Heritage. This just kind of hits closer to home with Heritage than say, Apple or Gibson. For years I've known to verify the authenticity of Gibsons, Rickenbackers etc. Buying a pirated Heritage guitar is just not something I’ve worried about in the past.

If Microsoft can't stop it, what chance do our friends in Kzoo have?

The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance.

I was at the local pawn shop the other day selling something and I saw a Gibson Supreme on the wall with a $1800.00 price tag.

I said "Holy Cow! A Supreme!" Then I thought , jeee, that's not really a bad price for a Supreme.

The guy brings it to me and says, I'll sell it to you for $600.00, it counterfeit. I say, No $#!+?!!

I look it over and sure enough, the back of the neck was covered with flat black paint to hide the headstock joint at the 4th fret.

The binding did not fit well at the nut and it looked like the typical caulking they use on the Korean model guitars instead of actual binding.

The gall of these counterfeiters, it said MADE IN USA with a serial number just like a Gibson USA model.

I didn't tell the guy that if it was a counterfeit, I could buy one brand new for $300.00 from that site.

Sacrilege! Those Klingon Chinese counterfeiter bastards!

I've been searching for a Heritage guitar for a while now. I came across this one and was curious, and confused, with the description. The email response I got said the owner claims it's a prototype guitar from when Heritage was investigating have guitars built off shore.

http://www.schoolhousemusic.com/7501.html

And the back of the headstock says: "Made in Korea for Heritage Guitar Inc. Serial Number C218952."

Whether or not any of this is true, I'm sure you guys know. But the headstock apparently plainly says, not made in Kalamazoo, USA.

Archived