Heritage Owners Club

Pedal pics

Trouble

I still don't have a good way to record clips, but I thought I would share some pics of some of the pedal successes so far. I've gotten to the point now that I really don't have any use for any more pedals so I might be moving on to a new project soon. Overdrive/distortion pedals are the most fun but I'm full up on those.

This is the current version of my main pedalboard pedalboard_zps466e2097.jpg

The DD is a Barber Direct Drive clone, but in a smaller box and a switch instead of the push/pull pot for the fat harmonics section of the circuit. The Glass drive is a very clean smooth drive, sort of a blackface sound.

glassanddd_zpscc4cddfa.jpg

The yellow pedal is a simple delay I use for slapback, the blackbox is a brown sound in a box, basically high gain Marshall sound.

delayandbsiab_zpsfc16c615.jpg

This is my backup pedalboard (under construction) the wah pedal is an old crybaby housing but the circuit I built, true bypass led and all the bells and whistles. the pedal beside it with two footswitches is a Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive and Menatone Blue Collar housed in the same box, and the plain blue box is a simple chorus that sounds really good.

backupboard_zps7f1ba1a8.jpg

Most of them are just plain spray painted but recently I started hand painting them and spraying a clearcoat like on the glass drive. I forgot to take a pic of the Menatone Red Snapper but it's the first one I liked enough to box and I didn't even paint it. What I didn't take a pic of is the pile of circuit boards for stuff I built that I didn't like, cheaper than buying a bunch of pedals that don't work out but still a PITA.

You've been busy, no wonder you've been quiet on here for a while! :)

Those look like they are doing a good job for you if they've made it to your pedalboard. I'd like to hear some clips if you figure out a way to do it.

You've been busy, no wonder you've been quiet on here for a while! :)

Those look like they are doing a good job for you if they've made it to your pedalboard. I'd like to hear some clips if you figure out a way to do it.

I've really enjoyed it for the most part, I wouldn't mind making a pedal now and then for other people but I don't want to build and sell them all the time so now I've sort of run out of things to build for myself. I've been thinking about building an amplifier, either for guitar or for home stereo. I'm not sure if I'm going to source everything myself or by a kit though, buying a kit really takes all the legwork out of it and the build part is the same other than maybe building a cab.

I'll second that - it's good fun building it just the way you want it, you'll learn how it actually works and you get to play it afterwards :)

What's not to like? ;)

I'm down to just two. EH deluxe memory man and a soldano supercharger GTO. And I'm probably going to have to give the soldano back soon!

My board seems to keep getting smaller as well, I could easily ditch the bsiab, the organizer, the phaser and one of the 2 delays, I like them but they're not necessary. I use the phaser on one song and could use a wah or chorus for that, I use a slapback on several songs the other delay is set for longer Gilmour type stuff, and the organizer is really cool but I don't remember the last time I used it.

Amp kits sound great and are fun to build!

I'll second that - it's good fun building it just the way you want it, you'll learn how it actually works and you get to play it afterwards :)

What's not to like? ;)

It's coming. I want something like a Bassman , Bandmaster or maybe a HiWatt, probably as a head not a combo.

I'm down to just two. EH deluxe memory man and a soldano supercharger GTO. And I'm probably going to have to give the soldano back soon!

Me too..A MXR Custom Badass modified Overdrive and a Tuner..I got tired of stepping on the wrong thing at the wrong time..I got big feet!! I guess three if you include the amp reverb.. :icon_sunny: The reverb is always on..

Archived