Heritage Owners Club

Pro Co Limited Edition Reissue '85 Whiteface RAT REVIEW

Kuz

I got mine today and I really like it.

I can definitely hear what others are saying about it and I can hear how John Scofield got his killer fusion tones with the RAT. It definitely has a warmer rounder sound than I expected but still keeps the articulation. VERY fat sounding pedal with out the mud, exactly what I like.

BUT I turned the distortion up past 9:00 and I think I took down a fighter jet heading to Wright Patterson Air force Base!!!!!!!!!!! This pedal has a TON of gain.

I definitely would recommend it, for $100-129 it is a no brainier. It does seem to prefer humbuckers to single coils, but I didn't spend that much time with it.

It does seem to prefer humbuckers to single coils, but I didn't spend that much time with it.

After some time you may change your mind about that statement, just ask Jeff Beck what his favorite Strat pedal is:) I'm glad you got one!

Kuz, low gain, push the volume turn the filter clockwise till desired sound = fat strat sounds.

I used to use it as an on all the time pedal.

Yes, I only had my Tele plugged in for a couple minutes. But I am really impressed with the big fat gain tones that have presence, but without the spike & fuzz.

Great pedal so far.

My only complaint is that it uses a "pin in" AC adapter which is the opposite of all my other pedals on the board. I will rig it up and get it on the board soon.

Yes, I only had my Tele plugged in for a couple minutes. But I am really impressed with the big fat gain tones that have presence, but without the spike & fuzz.

Great pedal so far.

My only complaint is that it uses a "pin in" AC adapter which is the opposite of all my other pedals on the board. I will rig it up and get it on the board soon.

:dontknow:

:dontknow:

It has a "male" plug in, instead of the "female" in plug in like on the rest of my pedals

John, Voodoo Labs supplies a Rat type male adapter with their Pedal Power. I will see if I can find their part number for the

adapter.

Daniel

Thanks Daniel I think I have one, I just need to find it and feed it through the board.

Found one, thanks. Also I did dial in some sweet Tele tones, but I still like the Humbucker tones best.

Great pedal so far.

I have a little short adapter for mine so I can still use my power supply, you can get them from dunlop or gator and probably from voodoo labs. Do an Ebay search.

Great pedal so far.

I love my 89 us rat2. Enjoy it. Great pedal. The pin in DC is annoying, but batteries last a long time if you remember to unplug the input. I have a couple of wires that will fit the jack, but they're the wrong polarity.

I had one of these http://www.themadape.com/Godlyke_Power_All_Universal_Power_System_p/pa-9.htm?click=1540 and it is WONDERFUL. It has a daisy chain as well as any converter plug you need with different polarities. Highly recommended.

I use my pedal power supply and the cords, I don't even use the wall outlet.

Archived