Heritage Owners Club

What is the Heritage version of a Gib ES 339

koula901

isn't the millie top & back constructed the same as a 535 & prospect top & back?

-->that is, thin layers of solid wood glued together

the millie eagle has a solid carved top & back, I believe?

The standard Mille has a carved maple top and a flat maple back. The Ultra Std has a carved maple top and flat mahogany back.

The 535, 555 and Prospect have maple laminate tops and backs.

isn't the millie top & back constructed the same as a 535 & prospect top & back?

-->that is, thin layers of solid wood glued together

the millie eagle has a solid carved top & back, I believe?

interesting...it looks like they did the tops & backs on a some millie's @ 535 style though, check this out:does that look like a solid top or laminate?

gallery_672_98_13770.jpg

gallery_672_98_172662.jpg

curious, what does the SAE stand for, in millenium SAE?

interesting...it looks like they did the tops & backs on a some millie's @ 535 style though, check this out:does that look like a solid top or laminate?

gallery_672_98_13770.jpg

gallery_672_98_172662.jpg

curious, what does the SAE stand for, in millenium SAE?

SAE = Stereo Acoustic Electric. The very first Millie's were laminate. From Marv at PSPI - "yeah, we did a lot of experimenting with that before we settled on what the Millennium would be". Much more like a small semi-hollow than there are now. Here's a couple pics of the one I had. And ... can't remember who, sorry, just had a Millie made like these, arch top and back, no access plate. Very very cool guitars. One of two guitars I've ever sold that I wish I hadn't. Here's the one I had, which is in capable hands of an HoC member!! :thumbsup:

mil-sae-arch1.jpg

mil-sae-back1.jpg

mil-sae-fhole-close.jpg

mil-sae-fhole.jpg

mil-sae-incase.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think size wise the Millie DC is the closest thing to a 339. But with the 339 having the solid center block I dont think that Heritage has anything quite like it. I wish they did......or maybe not because I'd have to try and slip another guitar past the wife which isnt going to go over well.

I used to lust after the 339s but I played two at GTR Center last weekend. One was a completely dead sounding piece of crap and the other was OK but not worth the $2500 price tag. I could buy one really nice Heritage for that price!

Who ever posted that pic of Scott Sherrard, I use to know him when he was younger. He was a hell of a player at 16. His dads a hell of a nice guy and a good gtr player to boot! NIce to see that Scott is out there making it!

I go with the Millie DC vs. the 339. I own a Millie DC and I've played the 339. Tone and action are very similar, but, of course, the Millie wins out:) Just my two cents...

In fact...since we are on the subject of Millenniums...if anyone in Michigan with an H157 wants to do a trade, let me know. I love my Millie, but I am lusting after an H157.

Archived