Heritage Owners Club

H 575 HM Please help with info

bobjr

Please help. I bet several of you know a lot about this model. I can, of course, see many of the differences from the standard model, but don't really know much about them either. So, specific questions. What pickup does it use? Seems very thin, is that the same rim depth as the standard. Why mahogany? What would be the tonal differences between the maple and mahogany? Between the spruce top and Maple? Was this considered a big upgrade, or just something different? What was Heritage trying to do? When were they made? Any idea how many? Do you like them? OK, that seems like a lot. Thanks in advance.

This one ?

H-575 Mahogany/HRW

--------------------------------------------------------

New for January, 2002 NAMM SHOW, California H-575 Mahogany/HRW

Neck - 17 degree peghead pitch; one piece mahogany neck; single cream bound peghead

Fingerboard - 24 3/4" scale; rosewood fingerboard with 20 frets, single cream bound; dot MOP inlay

Body - Single cutaway solid carved mahogany back; solid mahogany rims; Spruce top, X braced; single cream bound top and back; wooden fingerrest- single cream bound-transparent black finish;

Body Size:
Rim Thickness - 2 - 3/4 "
Body Width - 16"
Body Length - 20 1/4"

Electronics - One Chrome Plated *Heritage 4 Point Floating HRW Pickup; one volume and one tone control outside "F" hole; black speed knobs

Hardware - Individual nickel plated machine heads; nickel plated Heritage bail tailpiece; adjustable rosewood bridge base and saddle

Color Shown - Almond Sunburst ( ALSB )

* 4 Point Floating HRW Pickup by Rendal Wall

H-575-HRW.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------

http://web.archive.org/web/20030202195922/http://www.heritageguitar.com/models/H575%20HRW.htm

Fine, fine, super fine.

I'll bite on the materials question most subjectively - some of what I'm saying I actually can hear, some is Internet brain washing.

Maple body is more reflective and less absorbent so tone is brighter, percussive, clear. Spruce top vibrates more and produces more overtones and sustain, bass and mids.

As for the effect of a set PU in a spruce top, perhaps 2bornot2bop will weigh in. He is the ninja.

There are a number of custom spruce top 575 s with floaters around that are also really compelling.

This is a great looking guitar and I bet it would carry a lead well In a small combo.

I have one. It is one of the best sounding, most playable guitar I've ever played. Warm, clear, wonderful acoustic or amplified.

Mine came with a Duncan Jazz pickup, but that was too hot for this guitar IMHO. Replaced it with a Benedetto B6 and couldn't be happier.

post-408-0-38803100-1371384573_thumb.jpg

The spruce-hog option on my 575 was $300 less than curley maple. HRW were no longer available when this was built in 2012 it came with Throbaks. IMO 17" or 18" bodies have more punch than a 16" maple. I was looking for a "sweeter" deeper tone than maple and thought a rosewood board and mahogney body would get me there. Who am I kidding, I wanted a Steiner.

post-408-0-38803100-1371384573.jpg

Extra fine !

Spectrum13 got a stunning array of guitar!

attachicon.gifDSCN0221.JPG

The spruce-hog option on my 575 was $300 less than curley maple. HRW were no longer available when this was built in 2012 it came with Throbaks. IMO 17" or 18" bodies have more punch than a 16" maple. I was looking for a "sweeter" deeper tone than maple and thought a rosewood board and mahogney body would get me there. Who am I kidding, I wanted a Steiner.

You got ThroBaks, instead of HRW's? In my world, thats an upgrade supreme. The HRWs are cool in some guitars. But the ThroBaks? Yeah, baby!!

Archived