Heritage Owners Club

H550 neck

58super

This seems to be a good opportunity to ask something else: What's the standard neck profile on a H550 like? More on the chunky or on the thin side?

There really isn't a "standard" Heritage neck profile.

Older guitars tend to have thinner necks while more recent ones, from roughly the mid to late '00s have larger necks. And, as H mentioned, a custom order can be whatever the customer requires.

Guest HRB853370

I think on a production (not custom) order the neck shape is pretty standard, 58. On my 550 it actually feels pretty similar to my H150's. But I think neck size assessment is the most subjective topic on this forum!!

When I got my H-550 I was slightly disappointed when I recieved it because I thought it would come standard with a 3 piece neck (it had the standard mahogany). But It came out so good, I got over it. I would describe the neck shape as 59' ish.

DSC04530.jpg

My '94 H-550 had a multi piece maple neck. It was a pretty slim profile. If it had been girthy I'd still have it.

3903734455_628cc9277e_z.jpg

When I got my H-550 I was slightly disappointed when I recieved it because I thought it would come standard with a 3 piece neck (it had the standard mahogany). But It came out so good, I got over it. I would describe the neck shape as 59' ish.

DSC04530.jpg

My '94 H-550 had a multi piece maple neck. It was a pretty slim profile. If it had been girthy I'd still have it.

3903734455_628cc9277e_z.jpg

Two fine examples !

Archived