Heritage Owners Club

Mojo? you decide.

chico

(re)watch this clip:

(2 min)

then watch this one:

(5 min)

I know where the mojo REALLY is and so you you HOCer's..  :wink:

???  If we wanted to pay twice as much for guys half the age and a quarter the experience build a lifestyle guitar we would not be on the HOC forum. Might be interesting to pose this question on a few OTHER forums for their response but, what would be the point?

Loved viewing the authentic guitar manufacture methods contrasting "state of the art". You kind a settled the CNC debate and started one for "Vintage" and "VOS".

Down home knowledge and craftsmanship versus Corporate America get it done quick for profit.  Nothing wrong with making a profit but when thats all you do it for there's nothing there.  Chico is right.. We know where the mojo is.. Still in Kalamazoo

look, fellas- I'm all 'on-board' with this one. But you have to admit that certain 'inconsistencies' that we hear about are part of the bargain. I for one am willing to take my chances. But more than a few people have ordered one thing and gotten another.

just bein' honest here. I'm still 100% on-board.

"The people who pass through these doors are the best employees in the world".

Until we decide you're not.

Every company I have worked for has "the best sales force in the industry"- man I must have been really lucky.

Oh man! This was fun....

Someone posted this under the Gibson Factory tour video about Gibson:

"tell me annother company that takes 140 steps to make a guitar ...by hand. and I'll kiss your d**k"

So someone else posted:

"Heritage. Now kiss my d**k"

The guy replies:

"good try but hardly anyone has ever heard of heritage guitars,made in korea. Gibson is #1"

Ha ha! I mean really... all the guy had to do was Google "Heritage" to find out, but instead he chooses to remain ignorant.

Man... I love this planet.

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to say heritages are "better" that Gibbons. I own seven Heritages and love them all dearly but, if I'm honest, each one has it's little... erm... issue. Mostly related to fret work.

Buying a Heritage is partly a lifestyle choice as, to be fair, is buying a Gibbon, Fender etc.

I have CNC produced Japanese and Korean guitars that are technically better made. A Yamaha SG1000/2000 is a case in point.

What I guess we can all at the HOC agree on is that a Heritage has a certain Mojo that we all are looking for, even in the little inconsistencies.

It's nice to know someone... a real person... made your guitar.

It's even nicer to know that that person is good at his job and cares about what he is doing.

I'm not sure it's entirely fair to say heritages are "better" that Gibbons. I own seven Heritages and love them all dearly but, if I'm honest, each one has it's little... erm... issue. Mostly related to fret work.

Buying a Heritage is partly a lifestyle choice as, to be fair, is buying a Gibbon, Fender etc.

I have CNC produced Japanese and Korean guitars that are technically better made. A Yamaha SG1000/2000 is a case in point.

What I guess we can all at the HOC agree on is that a Heritage has a certain Mojo that we all are looking for, even in the little inconsistencies.

It's nice to know someone... a real person... made your guitar.

It's even nicer to know that that person is good at his job and cares about what he is doing.

Hey C,

I have 7 Heritages now and have never had an "issue" that was more than cosmetic.

In 2006 I had 1 Heritage and 5 PRS guitars. At the end of 2008 I will have 8 Heritage and 2 PRS guitars. My point is, I never bought into Mojo leading to tone until I got my Heritages. PRS guitars are perfect in everyway- fit, finish, playbility, they stay in tune like no other guitar. Yet they don't sound vintage. I have owned 4 Les Pauls from the early '90s. Nice guitars I guess (they all had razor sharp frets) but they looked and played nice. But they didn't sound vintage.

What I will say is I like that Heritage guitars are handmade but the TONE IS KEY FOR ME!!! If Heritage could make their guitars with a CNC machine and they sounded just as authentic & vintage I would still buy Heritage.

I think Heritage guitars sound authentic vintage because of (in the order of importance)

1. THE WOOD- I feel they use very very good wood

2. Nitro finish- much more alive than Poly

3. In my guitars anyhow (LOLLAR PICKUPS)

4. Handmade

Just my .02

Archived