Heritage Owners Club

I am planning on buying my first Heritage: need help

cajunblues

Welcome to the board.  If you look over on the for sale page you might find one there.  Or you could post a wanted thread on there also.  Theres one on the bay right now.  Here's the link.  Good luck in your search. http://cgi.ebay.com/1999-HERITAGE-535-H535...1QQcmdZViewItem

That is a good looking 535, and the price ain't too shaby either!

The p'ups are most likely recent Gibson Classic 57's...unless the seller is tossing in some original (doubtful!) PAF's (worth more than most guitars!). :)

Either way, those p'ups sound pretty darned good in semi hollow gits.

You shoulld be able to find a decent one at around $1200.  Pay attention to what pickups are installed, they vary.  Lots of colors too, the nautral  and vintage sunburst are my favs.  Good luck and welcome.

Reasonable... $1000 to $1300 depending on condition etc...

555s are more expensive than 535s. Both great guitars.

Mine has a number of significant uprades over a typical 555. (see my email) but I'll list them here:

Specs (it is the most flamed and beautiful Heritage I own) DEAD MINT- UNPLAYED CONDICTION

1. Ultra Premium wood package upgrade ($350 upgrade)

2. Flammed maple neck with ebony fretboard($200 upgrade now)

3. HRW pickups ($200 upgrade)

4. Tone pro gold tunamatic & nashville stoptail (with added lighter weight stoptail for increase sustain $200 upgrade) This is not in the picture. Original Scaller bridge & tailpice in mint shape included

5. Slimmer neck, but 1 11/16" nut width

6. Double binding at headstock (very unique this is the only 555 that I have every seen with this feature)

It is a 1998 and is in Perfect dead mint shape.

The question you need to ask is if you want a "good deal"- with dings, scratches, beltware, ect or a unique DEAD mint guitar that plays and looks incredible.

Archived