Heritage Owners Club

NHD! H-137.

redshark

• 3 weeks later...

The rosewood fretboard is light brown, I though it was dry but put some lemon oil and it didn't get dark. I think this is the right color.

post-16310-13782327482931_thumb.jpg

FWIW, my luthier that sets up all my guitars gave me a tip to use this paste wax on fretboards... He said that having wax actually protects it, lemon oils can actually hurt it over time cause it strips off the wax naturally found in the wood and dries it out. I was shocked when he told me but it actually makes quite a bit of difference. Been doing it ever since and am very happy he told me. His credentials are 40+ years of custom guitar building and a Martin and Gibson authorized repair place. Out of his barn, on a farm =)

The rosewood fretboard is light brown, I though it was dry but put some lemon oil and it didn't get dark. I think this is the right color.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1378232742.693958.jpg

FWIW, my luthier that sets up all my guitars gave me a tip to use this paste wax on fretboards... He said that having wax actually protects it, lemon oils can actually hurt it over time cause it strips off the wax naturally found in the wood and dries it out. I was shocked when he told me but it actually makes quite a bit of difference. Been doing it ever since and am very happy he told me. His credentials are 40+ years of custom guitar building and a Martin and Gibson authorized repair place. Out of his barn, on a farm =)

Very interesting!!! I could never think about using wax in a fretboard!!

Archived