Heritage Owners Club

Adding power to pedalboard

tulk1

We have some ingenious peoples here on the HoC. Maybe one or two can help me out. I have two wall warts running my pedalboard. One unit takes 500mA on it's own, so it has it's own power converter. The rest of the board is powered by a DC Brick. What I want to do is to add two outlets under the board to plug the current power supplies to. Then add an IEC connector to one of the available holes in the front of the PTII. I want to use IEC, which would use the same power cables as most of our other gear, in case I forget/loose my power cord I can just grab one from the "stash".

I have looked at more connectors/outlets/inlets/etc that I ever thought I would. And still can't figure out exactly which components I need for the board. Anyone here done anything similar? If so, can you show me which parts I would need to do that? And where you got them?

Hey Tulk, I used to do what you do, and I just finally gave up and got a Vodoo Labs pedal power 2+, and it has been bullet proof!

The added bonus was that it removed some mysterious hum/noise that would show up from venue to venue. It was especially

good with the digital pedals. Another bonus it mounts perfectly undel Pedal Train boards!!!

PB.jpg

We have some ingenious peoples here on the HoC. Maybe one or two can help me out. I have two wall warts running my pedalboard. One unit takes 500mA on it's own, so it has it's own power converter. The rest of the board is powered by a DC Brick. What I want to do is to add two outlets under the board to plug the current power supplies to. Then add an IEC connector to one of the available holes in the front of the PTII. I want to use IEC, which would use the same power cables as most of our other gear, in case I forget/loose my power cord I can just grab one from the "stash".

I have looked at more connectors/outlets/inlets/etc that I ever thought I would. And still can't figure out exactly which components I need for the board. Anyone here done anything similar? If so, can you show me which parts I would need to do that? And where you got them?

Any way to mount something like this? Isn't exactly what you describe, but, might be easier than finding a separate iec connector and wiring it into a separate outlet box.

http://www.amazon.com/Conntek-2-Inch-Housing-Outlets-Adapter/dp/B0094BC32Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

Hey Tulk, I used to do what you do, and I just finally gave up and got a Vodoo Labs pedal power 2+, and it has been bullet proof!

The added bonus was that it removed some mysterious hum/noise that would show up from venue to venue. It was especially

good with the digital pedals. Another bonus it mounts perfectly undel Pedal Train boards!!!

PB.jpg

+1 for the Voodoo Labs unit - it's designed to fit the Pedaltrain and will handle pretty much any combination of pedals.

+1 for the Voodoo Labs unit - it's designed to fit the Pedaltrain and will handle pretty much any combination of pedals.

...and, actually, I've bought the Voodoo Labs AC unit to replace the wall warts on my H and K devices when I break down my bigger board. (which has a riser under which I could hide a power strip and wall warts.) Replacing the wall warts altogether is certainly the most space-efficient way to go. Not sure any strip would allow mounting the wall warts under a PT, though it might be cheaper.

Any way to mount something like this? Isn't exactly what you describe, but, might be easier than finding a separate iec connector and wiring it into a separate outlet box.

http://www.amazon.com/Conntek-2-Inch-Housing-Outlets-Adapter/dp/B0094BC32Y/ref=pd_sim_sbs_e_1

I think this would work as well, I would mount it where the outlets were in between the top to rails on the pedaltrain and the power cable plug was facing out one side and just forget the access holes in front of the pedaltrain, otherwise get a pedalpower it's a perfect fit.

I'm going to give this a try first. If this doesn't work out I may look at the pedal power blocks. But if I remember correctly, they do no offer an out with it's own 500mA output. That big digital puppy on the upper left needs it's own PS.

I'm going to give this a try first. If this doesn't work out I may look at the pedal power blocks. But if I remember correctly, they do no offer an out with it's own 500mA output. That big digital puppy on the upper left needs it's own PS.

yes they are limited to 250mA, but it comes with one AC outlet that you could plug your one big wall wart into, although you would need an extension/adapter

like one of these... http://www.amazon.com/Ziotek-ZT1212542-Liberator-14-Inch-Extension/dp/B000EWVSZK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380498906&sr=8-2&keywords=wall+wart+adapter

If sure there is room enough on the bottom of your pedal train to mount your wall wart along with the wall wart.

I've been powering my pedalboard with a Pedal Power 1 for 13+ years now with no failures.

No one's doubting that. My thing is the PP1, even the Mando, don't appear to suit my needs at the moment. Altho' Daniels's suggestion of using the courtesy outlet on the PP for the 500mA wart could be a game changer.

PB.jpg

+1..Me Too

No one's doubting that. My thing is the PP1, even the Mando, don't appear to suit my needs at the moment. Altho' Daniels's suggestion of using the courtesy outlet on the PP for the 500mA wart could be a game changer.

K - My PP1 has an AC outlet on it that I plug my Strymon power suplly into to power my El Capistan. I'm sure the PP2 also has an AC outlet.

• 4 weeks later...

Cae 403 power supply to me is the best you can get . Covers everything you want it to do. I got tired of the games and bought one never happier.

Must check it out.

He needs at least DC9V 500mA or an convenience AC outlet acccording to ZOOM for the G3. And I think

the MC403 has two DC9v outlets rated at 800mA, so yes this would work!

Archived