Heritage Owners Club

My beat up 150 arrived!!

shook494

+1

I ordered a PRS with dots. Its solid black and Ive chucked a SD JB and 59 in it. Anti PRS in so many ways.

Its a true working gig pig. No thrills but extremely functional. It can take a few knocks and it doesnt bother me to much.

Isnt that why you got a beat up 150?

Great looking PRS! I always thought the PRS Metal was a cool guitar/finish and wouldn't mind owning one...although I have no idea how they sound.

width=480 height=480http://www.gpguitars.com/images/PRS12.jpg[/img]

Sorry for the hijack!

Tulk.  You pretty much hit it on the head!  It's turning out really cool so far.  I just need to add a few more things before I add the pics.  I just LOVE traps/blocks on single cut guitars.  All the stuff I'm doing to it is helping with the look though.  Hopefully I can get it all done today and show you guys ;D

I'm strapped for cash, so not much going on in the way of acquisition or upgrades.  So...I'm living vicariously through everyone else here just now.  shook, I'm following this one closely.  I think it's great you gave that wonderful top a home, and I'm anxious to see what you're up to, how it turns out, and what you wind up doing with it (...and if I'd have done it the same way...)!  Traps would be fine...but impractical.  Traps/no traps will be immaterial once you plug it in.  Then all that matters is...does it Honk or Not!  Looking forward to the updates!

+1

I ordered a PRS with dots. Its solid black and Ive chucked a SD JB and 59 in it. Anti PRS in so many ways.

Its a true working gig pig. No thrills but extremely functional. It can take a few knocks and it doesnt bother me to much.

Isnt that why you got a beat up 150?

Screw the guitar, :P I want your blackface amp! What model is it? Deluxe Reverb?

Screw the guitar,  I want your blackface amp! What model is it? Deluxe Reverb?

Youll be disappointed to learn it's just a well used and loved 80's Rivera designed concert.

Ive owned it and gigged with it since 89. Great cleans.

Ive put yellow jackets and a G12m in it. It is my favorite amp.

Youll be disappointed to learn it's just a well used and loved 80's Rivera designed concert.

Ive owned it and gigged with it since 89. Great cleans.

Ive put yellow jackets and a G12m in it. It is my favorite amp.

I'm confused it says Fender on it???

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...9.0;attach=2248

I'm confused it says Fender on it???

http://www.heritageownersclub.com/forums/i...9.0;attach=2248

Sorry for being so vague. As mars_hall pointed out Paul Rivera worked for Fender for a while as their amp designer.

I think it was after he worked at Mesa for a while. This Fender has some very boogie like features on the 2nd channel.

Really takes some dialing in. Can easily be made to sound bad. Larry Carlton used one for a while.

I like ch1 and a couple of stomps better.

You can pick these amps quite cheap. Theyre not a Fender purists amp so they dont come with an over inflated price tag. Just a good solid work horse you can abuse for 19yrs :)

Archived