Heritage Owners Club

BIG idea....

cosmikdebriis

Okay, I'm the first to admit I'm the wrong side of the pond to do any of this so it may be asking a lot.

What I'd like for us to discuss/consider is...

Send someone... armed with a camera and notebook... to the Heritage factory.

Take as many pics as possible of the manufacturing process etc. (We already have some but not enough)

Interview whoever will talk to you...

Post the pics on the photobucket site...

Print the interview(s) in a new thread...

Then use the data to make a web page and kindly ask Mr Admin to add it here :P

I'd like to think we should do this as a communal effort and perhaps spend some time considering what questions are suitable.

Also someone, perhaps with working relationship with the guys at the factory, will need to check out if they want/are willing to co operate.

So... this is only a rough idea at the moment and it's open for discussion and comment.

It may be asking a lot but... What say you...

Bob (RhoadsScholar) and I toured the factory July 16.  That's the day Bob ordered the new/reintroduced 170.  Bob's the guitar guy, so he was drooling while Marv showed us around the factory (for at least 90 minutes).  I was on the camera, but really didn't know what I was taking pictures of (sorry!).  Bob asked Marv if it was ok to take pictures, and Marv's response was to take as many as we wanted.  It seemed whatever would help educate folks about Heritage guitars would be welcome publicity.  Bob even told him he may post some pics on his website.  Marv was awesome, answering questions and explaining the process.

Again, I'm not the guitar person, but I was amazed that these instruments were, for the most part, hand made.  They are works of art.  Marv is an artist with the finishes.  He lit up when he talked about how the gold was going to turn out on Bob's 170.

Bob's hoping to document the process...

Hope this helps.

Bob (RhoadsScholar) and I toured the factory July 16.  That's the day Bob ordered the new/reintroduced 170.  Bob's the guitar guy, so he was drooling while Marv showed us around the factory (for at least 90 minutes).  I was on the camera, but really didn't know what I was taking pictures of (sorry!).  Bob asked Marv if it was ok to take pictures, and Marv's response was to take as many as we wanted.  It seemed whatever would help educate folks about Heritage guitars would be welcome publicity.  Bob even told him he may post some pics on his website.  Marv was awesome, answering questions and explaining the process.

Again, I'm not the guitar person, but I was amazed that these instruments were, for the most part, hand made.  They are works of art.  Marv is an artist with the finishes.  He lit up when he talked about how the gold was going to turn out on Bob's 170.

Bob's hoping to document the process...

Hope this helps.

Thanks for that. It's very encouraging. Also thanks to Brent who I'd kinda guessed may be up for the task.

Ultimately if the guys at Heritage are willing to cooperate then there's nothing to stop it going ahead.

Surely they could only benefit from such a resource?

Some interesting and frankly incomprehensible replies from some of the others so perhaps they'd like to explain themselves?

• 2 weeks later...

Well Gang, this could be the moment you have been waiting for. The start of something big.  Check out my website for Pics of the heritage factory.  I am hoping to make this a more substantial work/website.  in the mean time, enjoy.

let me know what you think (or what a site like this should cover.  It will take a while, but will be worth the effort.

www.theheritagestory.com

Well done indeed and an instant karma up for getting off your arse and doing it...

100% good luck with your venture and you have my full support in any way I can.

I think it's important to document the history of Heritage. In the current economic climate anything could happen so let's do it now.

You're more than welcome to use any of my pics on the photobucket site and hopefully everyone else will agree.

One thing I might say though is that it's probably worth starting a new thread to discuss this as this one is a bit old hat.

With any luck the guys at Heritage will see the potential for them in your web site and give you their support too. From what I've seen they're better at making guitars than web sites... :wink:

Archived