Heritage Owners Club

Lil Dawg D-lux..advice please

Hfan

Thanks Randy, and please disregard my previous doubts. Holy molley I love this thing, the heck with reverb. Evidently you need to crank it some which I wasn't able to do last night. The Mrs and the kids are out today and I had my chance...only word that comes to mind is crunch. Yummy. The Maverick is set to 1/2 attenuation as the seller had it, I'm going to play with that, the input options and the new switcher that just arrived along with the last of the kid's gifts (thank you Amazon, was starting to sweat).

Think I did good with this deal, I can tell it's been used some but for the price, the Maverick which isn't cheap and looks like new and the old glass I'm happy. Some of the Tweeds out there cost a fortune.

Now I know what all the hype was about.

Glad you finally snagged this one, Pete :)

As I wrote earlier in this thread, try substituting 12AX7 tubes with 12AY7s to lower the overall volume before swapping the OT, etc.

Glad you finally snagged this one, Pete :)

As I wrote earlier in this thread, try substituting 12AX7 tubes with 12AY7s to lower the overall volume before swapping the OT, etc.

Thanks for that tip Howard, actually must have missed it earlier.

The seller sold it to me with an Eminence Maverick attenuating speaker which should help in that regard. It has been set at half way so far, I'll try it at some different settings later (need to pull a tube or two to turn the adjuster).

Just hooked up my modded Blues Jr with the ABY switcher. These two amps in tandem with a little reverb from the Blues JR is more tone than I deserve if that makes sense...even if it doesen't...happy happy. Feel like Dr Frankenstein..looking at my old Twin reverb, ...what would the Tweed and the Twin sound like cranked together? Do I dare?

Archived