Heritage Owners Club

Dirt Pedals

koula901

Dude I have the exact same batch of pedals except the rat. You my friend have good taste.

Thanks. I've gone through a lot of stomps and even built some, currently my main rig is much simpler,using some modulation and delay with the 3 channels on my amp for dirt, and a backup board with the dirt pedals in case I use a different amp.

I have both distortion and overdrive boxes. But I do use one box with only COMPRESSION in use to get some of that smooth blues sound with my Heritage H-150 and my other guitars too. Sometimes compression is all you need. Compression also works will to accentuate the distortion by adding compression after the distortion on the amps input.

JMHO

I seem to have found pedals that work with any of my guitars whether single coil or hb.

I did notice that my fender is pretty happy to take what ever I put in front of it and sound pretty good where as any thing I stick in front of my mesa sounds pretty much like the mesa particularly at low volume.

I think its the Mesa's compression and extra gain stages(even clean) that makes the difference in the way it takes a pedals signal compared to the fender(nmv, treble bass)

Hmmm, maybe that is why I still use the same pedals regardless of guitar. Using the TA15 and it seems to like whatever I throw at it, pedal or guitar-wise. And still pretty much sounds the same - like a Mesa.

Interesting thread.

I'm sitting in with a big show band this Friday as part of our company's 100th anniversary shindig. Since I'm only playing a few songs, and rather than lug a bunch of stomp boxes, I'm just bringing the Boogie.

MK IV.

It's got three channels (Clean, Dirty, and Screamin' Overdrive). Each can be dialed in for just the right amount of dirt.

Sometimes the right amp can do exactly what the gig calls for.

These are my dirt pedals. They don't sound like anything. I am curious as to why you refer to yours as "dirt"?

because if it aint clean, it's dirty. ; )

I really like to use a compressor, but mainly clean or with humbuckers.. With my Strat is just seems to increase the noise when used with an overdrive.. But it adds that magnificent chime when played clean!

Me and compression never got along. I've tried to like it, more than once, but can't seem to get past wanting to control the dynamics with my pick attack. Someday, I'd like to hear the chime you guys are talking about, resulting from use of compression. Maybe at PSP this year.

Interesting thread.

I'm sitting in with a big show band this Friday as part of our company's 100th anniversary shindig. Since I'm only playing a few songs, and rather than lug a bunch of stomp boxes, I'm just bringing the Boogie.

MK IV.

It's got three channels (Clean, Dirty, and Screamin' Overdrive). Each can be dialed in for just the right amount of dirt.

Sometimes the right amp can do exactly what the gig calls for.

Since I bought the Carvin M3 I rarely use stomps for dirt at gigs, but I kept a fuzz on the board for fun! :icon_rr:

Me and compression never got along. I've tried to like it, more than once, but can't seem to get past wanting to control the dynamics with my pick attack. Someday, I'd like to hear the chime you guys are talking about, resulting from use of compression. Maybe at PSP this year.

I used a compressor for awhile with a country band, I never could make myself like it either.

Archived