Heritage Owners Club

Amp Flub...

DetroitBlues

Back to my multitude of annoying questions, but this is actually a statement this time.. Pulled off one of the cab screws off the closed back, took it to Home Depot, spent $5 in wood screws, including shorter ones for the speaker. I put all eight screws in the speaker holes, and all 22 screws in the rear of the cab (it only had four before). I think I fixed my flub and rattle. Turned it up to about 3 o'clock, talk about bottom end! Tube tone to die for, reminded exactly of the Marshall 1974 clone I had, only better. Pedal or no pedal, high or low input, boost or not, this amp is just killer. And it's the loudest 20 watt amp I've ever heard! Wow...

On a side note, I kept hearing this odd metallic jangle. Couldn't figure out what it was until I turned off the amp. I had it up so loud, the amp was vibrating all the strings on my Strat that was on a stand behind it! That was crazy!

Excuse me, while I get back to it and kiss the sky!

I've been bugged by a rattle in my basement every time I cranked up the Patriot. It was especially loud on A-flat notes. I had a devil of a time finding it. Turned out that the window pane behind the amp needed a little fresh putty.

Maybe we're just playing too loud!

I've been bugged by a rattle in my basement every time I cranked up the Patriot. It was especially loud on A-flat notes. I had a devil of a time finding it. Turned out that the window pane behind the amp needed a little fresh putty.

Maybe we're just playing too loud!

What did you say? I didn't hear you right? What's loud? Oh, not loud enough? Ok, it goes to 11.

Archived