Heritage Owners Club

Killed it!

This was in reference to replacing your bad power tube. My guitars always sound much brighter and alive when I change their strings, new tubes should breath new life into your amp. Unless of course the old tubes sing the blues better ;)

Doh! I get it now, maybe it will sound better. It's a great amp, but it needs a good pedal to milk it for all it's worth!

That's good news. Real good. You get the new ones biased? My main amp isn't the most expensive but it was $1k as a semi-used floor model I can't afford replace that I run through the pride and joy of my gear, a '72 Ampeg V4 guitar cab loaded with stock CTS speakers (I swear it's the greatest 4x12 guitar cab ever). I've had those "PANIC" moments at practice the night before or at a show when I roll my guitar volume up to find nothing before realizing "ohhhhh, I'm just retarded." Plug this in or standby off or whatever. That relief feels wonderful. I would suffer PTSD if I lost either of those pieces. I'm glad all you had to do was grab new pwr tubes. Didja swap brands? Any noticeable improvement? I once read that pwr tubes sound reaaally good right before they go. Too bad you didn't catch it a touch earlier :)

Archived