Heritage Owners Club

Incoming.................

slider313

Well I recently sold my Goodsell Super 17 amp and my H555. I took most of the $$ and did what must be done but.............I saw the white 140 on the bay and couldn't resist. I put in a best offer of $700. and the seller accepted. It should be here Friday. Here's a pic from the bay but I'll get some more of my own and a tone report ASAP.  140W.jpg

Striking piece, Mike!  I've read a bit about those p'ups.  I'll be very interested in your tone report, especially with the variety of amps you have.  Alicia's was a 150, and it was very different from what I'm used to.  Not my style but a very handsome guitar!  I think white bobbins on yours would look cooler than the covers, certainly!  Those knobs work well with that finish, too.  Have at it and let us know.  Congrats!

Yoslate, Squawken, thanks. I have a light weight stop tail piece I'm going to put on it and leave the roller bridge....for now. I'll check to see which pickups this one has;if you look there's only one adjustment screw per pickup so I doubt they're Schallers. I'll give it a spin in my Deluxe Reverb first....................deluxereverb.jpg

Yoslate, Squawken, thanks. I have a light weight stop tail piece I'm going to put on it and leave the roller bridge....for now. I'll check to see which pickups this one has;if you look there's only one adjustment screw per pickup so I doubt they're Schallers. I'll give it a spin in my Deluxe Reverb first....................deluxereverb.jpg

Good luck and enjoy!  please let us know the pups in it, and tone report definitely!

Very awesome snag.. I was eyeing at that one, not that I needed it (but it did look nice..), and then saw that it sold for what looks like a really good price. I thought that "someone" must have gotten a great deal.. Glad it's someone we know.. I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions when you receive it..

Well I recently sold my Goodsell Super 17 amp and my H555. I took most of the $$ and did what must be done but.............I saw the white 140 on the bay and couldn't resist. I put in a best offer of $700. and the seller accepted. It should be here Friday. Here's a pic from the bay but I'll get some more of my own and a tone report ASAP.  140W.jpg

that is too cool dude!!!

there is a fella local that has a H 147 in white w/ a headstock repair.  i have been tring to get him to let loose of it.  cant wait to see your pics!!!

Thanks Pushover. I'm looking forward to doing an A/B with my sunburst 140.

HFB that white 157 is real nice. I noticed it has 5 ply binding. The one thing I was unsure of with the 140 was the cream binding with the white finish. Takes a bit getting used to.

Thanks Brent. I'll take before and after pics. I remember when the white and black 147's came out. A store I frequented,back in NY, had both on display side by side. I was trying to buy back my blue 147 but the dude I sold it to had second thoughts about giving it up.

The one thing I was unsure of with the 140 was the cream binding with the white finish. Takes a bit getting used to.

I think it looks good with the cream trim.  I wonder what it would look like with cream knobs?

KNG-6-2.jpg

Well, I got the guitar and the first thing I noticed was a new nut; that wasn't done very well. Upon further inspection I noticed a repaired headstock crack. Pro job but a crack repair non the less. I'm waiting to hear from the seller. In his description it says excellent neck and frets.

Well, I got the guitar and the first thing I noticed was a new nut; that wasn't done very well. Upon further inspection I noticed a repaired headstock crack. Pro job but a crack repair non the less. I'm waiting to hear from the seller. In his description it says excellent neck and frets.

Sorry slider.  I swear the white H's are cursed.  There is the one that has been sitting on e-bay for 9 months, and there was the 157 that I bought, that had a crack where the neck meets the body.  I had to fight for a couple of weeks, but I finally got my money back.  That isn't to say what you have to do.  But I had paid $1,200, and my argument was i would have never paid that much, or at all, if all info had been divulged.  Hopefully it isn't major-good luck.

i would certainly put the squeeze on him for the non-disclosure!  i'm sorry this happened.  if he has a soul, he will cheerfully return your money and relist w/ a more "truthful" description.

as far as that bizzare guitars shop, i have heard both good and bad about them...they used to move a ton of EBMM EVHs when i was collection them, but their prices were always really high

good luck with your refund

IF THE REST OF THE GUITAR IS REALLY NICE AND YOU FEEL THE REPAIR IS SOLID, MAYBE GET A PERTIAL REFUND TO KEEP IT, FIND A HAPPY MEDIUM?  IF YOU REALLY LIKE IT AND WANT TO KEEP IT?  USUALLY A HEADSTOCK REPAIR IS STONGER THAN THE WOOD ANYWAY.

AM I OUT OF LINE HERE?  I'M JUST TRYING TO HELP :)

The seller will refund my money or refund me $100, if I keep the guitar. I paid $700+$50 shipping and asked him to refund me $200 and he came back with $100. The guitar came with a real cheap gig bag and Epiphone pickups. It is a pro repair and at first I didn't notice it. I even installed different pickups, a stop tail and adjusted the neck,action,cleaned the frets and oiled the board. I found the repair while cleaning and polishing the guitar! One thing that gave it away is the serial number looks re-applied. That should have tipped me off earlier. It plays and sounds good. I'm not sure what to do here. hsc.jpg

Archived