Heritage Owners Club

Marshall DSL40C

DetroitBlues

Having a Sweetwater credit line is very tempting... I've been trying to sell my Traynor in hopes of obtaining a larger amp to keep up with my new band. These guys are telling me I'm too quiet! Amazing! Never heard that one before. So my hope is to get a 30+ watt amp to really push some air with higer gain. Anyone use one of these? GC has them used for $500, but there is tax and shipping involved plus any "pro coverage" insurance. Sweetwater's price is $700 shipped, no tax, and a two year warranty. Very tempting. I'm going to push for the sale of my Traynor, despite is tasty goodness, in favor of this, but I'd like to hear some opinions first.

I had the 60w 1x12 a few years back. They were fairly new with some overheating issues. Once I had those fixed it was a good gigging amp. I'd assume the 40w is similar in design. Can't imagine tho', that your 20w Traynor wouldn't keep up. 20w can get annoyingly loud! Just how loud is your band that you need more volume? BTW, not really much difference in dBs between 20w and 40w. You have to get in the 100w (+) range to hear a noticeable difference (3db) between your Traynor and anything else. I'm wondering if you don't just need more speaker, i.e., 2x12 vs 1x12. :dontknow:

I had the 60w 1x12 a few years back. They were fairly new with some overheating issues. Once I had those fixed it was a good gigging amp. I'd assume the 40w is similar in design. Can't imagine tho', that your 20w Traynor wouldn't keep up. 20w can get annoyingly loud! Just how loud is your band that you need more volume? BTW, not really much difference in dBs between 20w and 40w. You have to get in the 100w (+) range to hear a noticeable difference (3db) between your Traynor and anything else. I'm wondering if you don't just need more speaker, i.e., 2x12 vs 1x12. :dontknow:

I've thought about the actual output relative to the amp volume, a 2x12 cab is something I've really been considering. Being an old amp, it scares me a bit to use it out live frequently.

Archived